Tournament info!

Legion TD Tournament Information

Moderator: dweiler

dweiler
Plague Treant

Tournament info!

Postby dweiler » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:30 pm

With the tournament just around the corner, it is time to inform you about all the details. As it looks now, we will have 14 teams with 60 people competing in the July LTD Tournament! A great success to have so many people willing to play in the middle of the summer. When organizing this tournament, I had hopes for eight teams. This only shows the strength and dedication of the LTD community, something we can be proud of! At the same time, however, we still have two more spots available to host a full double elimination tournament, so if you are still interested in playing, please sign up!

To make the tournament as smooth as possible, I have a listed some important things all the captains (and players) need to know. If there are things that are still unclear, please pose the question below.

Start of the tournament and Ent Chat
All captains will have to be in ENT chat (https://entgaming.net/chat /) approximately 10 minutes before the start of the tournament, so that I can check if everyone is there and so that other teams do not have to wait. Ent chat will also be used for communications between the teams who have to play and questions to the organization of the tournament. Other tournament participants can join the chat, but only the captains do the chatting. This to avoid unnecessary confusion and spamming.

If there are still fourteen teams participating at the start of the tournament, an unavoidable consequence is that two teams will get a free pass to the second round (and the same goes again in the loser bracket). I will randomize all the seedings and match-ups about one hour before the tournament start, so it will be clear then which teams will have to start in the second round. You can find the tournament set-up and matchups here: http://challonge.com/ltdtour (So remember the matchups you see now won’t be the matchups in the tournament).

Hosting the games
The captain of the team that is listed first in the match-up in challonge will host the game through ENT Link (https://entgaming.net/link/). The map that will be used is “Legion TD Mega 3.41e.w3x” as uploaded by broud3r. The game name will be “Tour” followed by the number of the matchup on Challonge, e.g. Tour1, Tour15, et cetera.

There are no observers allowed in the games, with the exception of tournament organization, ENT moderators and streamers who are approved by the tournament organization (@creativeLP has offered to record the finals for his youtube channel if he is not in the final. Thank you!!).
The captain of the winner team will have to report the result on the forum. I will make a new thread with more info on the match day.

Rules in the games
The rules will be the same as the rules on the 1200+ bot. Familiarize yourself with those rules before the tournament. Some main differences for Mega players are that you cannot build on the dark-green area, nor use anti-stuck. The main difference for LIHL players is that you cannot split on any round except the level you are going to send demons. The captains are responsible that all team members know the rules. Ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules in the tournament!

If you are banned on the general ENT bots you won’t be able to participate in the tournament.

Punishments on breaking rules will be looked at case by case. Auto-losing the game, disqualification and playing the game all over again (when time allows it) are among the possibilities. Serious offences will also have consequences outside of the tournament (map hacking, ghosting, ban dodging).

Time schedule
The first three rounds in the winner’s bracket and the first five rounds in the loser’s brackets will be direct knock-out. The semi-final and loser final will be best of three and the Grand Final best of five with 1 ‘free win’ for the team who made the final through the winner’s bracket.
In the time schedule you will notice that we start earlier on the Sunday. This is because in my original plans I thought we would have an 8-team tournament (like last year) instead of 16. So I hope the teams in round 5 and 6 of the loser’s bracket will be able to make it a bit earlier.

Scheme tour.png
Scheme tour.png (12.29 KiB) Viewed 3513 times

Because of the time schedule we do not have time to draw for disconnects. This means games will be played out regardless of disconnects. So I would recommend everyone to play with GProxy or on entconnect.

Lastly, I want to ask all the captains to make sure all the players of your team will be there on time. Please inform them about the times! We will allow swapping players in case players aren’t there/can’t make it. Just change your line-up in the sign-up thread. However, once you played your first game, you cannot swap players anymore. Also we don’t allow players to be signed for multiple teams during the tournament.
I wish everybody a fun tournament!

@magicpotatoes @hugmeonce @iistyles @creativelp @vendeta @cantwakeup @marshmallows @don_killuminati @tom_hardy @armedanddeadly @kenta_khen13 @Krocis
These users thanked the author dweiler for the post (total 4):
magicpotatoes (Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:30 pm) • Diablo_ (Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:08 pm) • n1ll3 (Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:21 am) • Jamo (Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

dweiler
Plague Treant

Re: Tournament info!

Postby dweiler » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:19 am

Also @borimason and @Jamo :)
You don't stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:38 am

Ok, there is a problem in my team :D since idk how to host a game, and none in my team either :D can u make tutorial for me/us?

/edit no need, i just found out :) sry for spam

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:48 am

Just go here: https://entgaming.net/link/

Click Host a game

Select the map Legion TD Mega 3.41e.w3x (uploaded by broud3r). If it's not there in the list, go to the List of added maps and use the filter to find it and click "Add". Keep the owner name as is, your ingame Bnet name. (Link your account to ENT here).

Select a Location. I dunno what's important here, I guess just any US East Location? But not sure about this one.

Then you can click Host.

Join your game (gamename: YourNameXX, wich XX = 2-digit number)

ingame, you can change gamename using "!pub GAMENAME"

Done

edit: too slow, ok :P
Last edited by Jamo on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

Varg
Forest Walker

Postby Varg » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:52 am

ty for help :)

Ist there a higher amount to get Internetspikes or problems on public host?

Atm i got no gproxy and didnt drop for months..

Jamo
Treant

Postby Jamo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:59 am

I hope not, also not on Gproxy here and never dropped so far...

Psyclone
Treant

Postby Psyclone » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Congrats to the good organisation of the tournament, especially dweller and mick. Thumbs up
These users thanked the author Psyclone for the post:
dweiler (Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:55 pm)

Varg
Forest Walker

Postby Varg » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Psyclone wrote:Congrats to the good organisation of the tournament, especially dweller and mick. Thumbs up

+ 1

Hope we dont need to wait too long for next tournament!

Return to “Legion TD”