Autohost The Kingdom of Kaliron (TKoK)

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

4nonym0us
Basic Tree

Autohost The Kingdom of Kaliron (TKoK)

Postby 4nonym0us » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Link to map: Load code is fi10j
Slot layout: Default layout (all slots are open).
Number of players until autostart: 5 (but it would be good if even 2 players could start a game using !votestart; also, if it possible, it would be great to have !voteowner command available).
Problems with map (like cheats and such), if any: none.
Why the map should be autohosted:
There are two main reasons to autohost the the map. Firstly, the map is absolutely amazing. I believe the TKoK ORPG is more likely a stand-alone game rather then Warcraft 3 map because there is a custom hero stat management (in addition to 3 default stats, there are 8 sub stats (Strength, Constitution, Endurance, Dexterity, Reflexes, Intelligence, Wisdom, Spirit) which will effect all aspects of your hero. Everybody who tried playing an RPG map as a tank or damage dealer knows that default threat system in war3 is terrible; as seen in most RPG's that have an aggro/threat system, TKoK has something similar allowing the tanks to actually control the mobs and protect the rest of the party from damage. TKoK also has a full screen GUI inventory system for holding and equipping items for your hero. There are also a lot of great things like full screen GUI talent management system, full-scripted bosses and dungeons, save/load system (which stores passwords into the text file ~\TKoK_Save_Files\TKoK_3.3.0\ClassName_[Exp]_[Gold].txt), dynamic enemy ability system and a lot of other things!
Secondly, we have a large and friendly community, which always help new players to level up and get a good equipment.
Special notes: the official map version (load code fi10j) has already been hosted almost 10k times on EntGaming.net and having a TKoK autohostbot would be an invaluable aid in our efforts on growing the community!
These users thanked the author 4nonym0us for the post (total 6):
Hallion91 (Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:59 am) • Emperial_Fist (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:11 pm) • nQrgaard (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:34 pm) • Alexxino7 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:05 pm) • razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 pm) • 1Player1 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:40 pm)

nQrgaard
Basic Tree

Re: Autohost The Kingdom of Kaliron (TKoK)

Postby nQrgaard » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Our community (a clan on Garena) currently consists of 119 mostly active players, and we're constantly working on growing it. An auto-host bot would really help a lot.
These users thanked the author nQrgaard for the post (total 4):
4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:09 pm) • Alexxino7 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:06 pm) • Lich41 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:04 pm) • razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:02 pm)

razor557
Resource Storage

Postby razor557 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:07 pm

That would be awesome :D
These users thanked the author razor557 for the post:
4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:09 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks for posting suggestion.

Have you guys only used ENT public hosting bots or also your own bot to play TkoK?

Also, are you all from garena server?
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post (total 2):
4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm) • razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm)

razor557
Resource Storage

Postby razor557 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:38 pm

We only use ENT public bots.
These users thanked the author razor557 for the post:
4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm)

4nonym0us
Basic Tree

Postby 4nonym0us » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:42 pm

Thanks for the fast reply!

We use only ENT public hosts bots because some players refer Eurobattle.Net and some of them prefer Battle.net. ENT bots are great because they help us to unite the players around the globe and we really appreciate that!

I was considering to host the bot myself, but I don't like this idea since everybody is used to EntGaming.Net and we'd lick to stick with ENT.

Yeah, there are a few Garena Clans, where TKoK players can communicate, find parties, discuss the game, etc., but we don't use it to join the games: we mostly use EurobattleNet and BattleNet.
These users thanked the author 4nonym0us for the post:
razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:44 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:53 pm

Ok good, as I know there are sometimes issues with our host bots on garena server (they get kicked).

Anyway, I see TkoK is the fourth most hosted map on our public hosting service so there prob won't be any problem launching a TkoK autohost bot.

Nonetheless, will give it a day or two for more people to comment on the suggestion. Feel free to share the word with your community.
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post (total 5):
nQrgaard (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 pm) • Alexxino7 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:50 pm) • 4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:25 pm) • 1Player1 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:09 pm) • razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:06 pm)

1Player1
Resource Storage

Postby 1Player1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:10 pm

Some years ago we had someone that created a bot for the community and it was a success. But that bot is not around anymore. So half year ago we tried to get ent to host tkok on a autohost bot but it was quickly rejected just because it was a RPG.
I am really thankfull for the attention that you gave to this post.!!
These users thanked the author 1Player1 for the post (total 2):
4nonym0us (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:52 pm) • razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:13 pm)

4nonym0us
Basic Tree

Postby 4nonym0us » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:26 pm

HazarDous, thanks a lot for the response. As I already said, our community uses ENT all the time and we highly appreciate creating of the TKoK autohost bot as it would not only allow us to waste less time to organize the host, but to get a more players into a great community. As the map is really well-developed, It deserves autohost bot to be created for it.

There are only a few things that would be great to have on a TKoK hostbot (if possible, of course):

1. Would be great if !votestart command could work even if there are only 2 players were joined (as some players might farm some gold together, level up each other, or do other things, which doesn't require a lot of players). However, It would be good if it were possible to get a full house host (7 players) unless all players have used !votestart command to start the game.

2. We would also appreciate if there were a motd.txt (or gameloader.txt message) message which could be used to inform players where to find official TKoK clan so they can find a party and as a questions (as map (like an every RPG) has a lot of unique things and different classes/talents, new players always has a LOT of questions).
Example of such a message:
%default Ent message goes here%
Join the official TKoK Garena Clan 'TKoK_EN' (id: 1297907) to find parties, discuss build or tactics and get the latest news about the map.

3. I also heard about the !voteowner command which allows to select an owner. As far as I know, It requires building a bot from sources and it might be not as easy so, in a case Ent bot already has such a feature and you could enable it for TKoK hostbot, it would be very appreciated as well. However, if there is no such built-in feature on Ent hostbots, it's not a problem as the important commands (!votestart and !votekick) work fine on all Ent bots.
Last edited by HazarDous on Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: misclick
These users thanked the author 4nonym0us for the post:
razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:50 pm)

Hallion91
Resource Storage

Postby Hallion91 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Nice, I'm surprised it's the 4th most hosted map !
Yeah, people are using ENT for about two years now I think, ever since the old bot shut down.
Just a note, if it's possible, please make the host on Europe, most of us use Europe realm / bot to play. I'd be sad to see an autohosted bot that lags ...

Thanks for your attention and thanks for fixing ent.europe14 !
These users thanked the author Hallion91 for the post:
razor557 (Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:49 pm)

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:56 pm

1Player1 wrote:Some years ago we had someone that created a bot for the community and it was a success. But that bot is not around anymore. So half year ago we tried to get ent to host tkok on a autohost bot but it was quickly rejected just because it was a RPG.

Well, i saw that suggestion. The thing is, RPG games' durations can vary alot and thus might be preferable to be privately hosted. Nonetheless, you guys play alot of games everyday, comparable to some of our autohosting bots. So I really don't mind trying it on autohost. ENT's job is to help wc3 community to enjoy playing as long as we can, after all. If autohost bot helps TkoK community get more games / players, then that's good news.

4nonym0us wrote:As the map is really well-developed, It deserves autohost bot to be created for it.

Is there still a map developper around?

4nonym0us wrote:1. Would be great if !votestart command could work even if there are only 2 players were joined (as some players might farm some gold together, level up each other, or do other things, which doesn't require a lot of players). However, It would be good if it were possible to get a full house host (7 players) unless all players have used !votestart command to start the game.

Can do.

4nonym0us wrote:2. We would also appreciate if there were a motd.txt (or gameloader.txt message) message which could be used to inform players where to find official TKoK clan so they can find a party and as a questions (as map (like an every RPG) has a lot of unique things and different classes/talents, new players always has a LOT of questions).

We won't advertise any forum other than Enterprise Gaming.

4nonym0us wrote:3. I also heard about the !voteowner command which allows to select an owner. As far as I know, It requires building a bot from sources and it might be not as easy so, in a case Ent bot already has such a feature and you could enable it for TKoK hostbot, it would be very appreciated as well. However, if there is no such built-in feature on Ent hostbots, it's not a problem as the important commands (!votestart and !votekick) work fine on all Ent bots.

No need for owner.

Hallion91 wrote:Yeah, people are using ENT for about two years now I think, ever since the old bot shut down.
Just a note, if it's possible, please make the host on Europe, most of us use Europe realm / bot to play. I'd be sad to see an autohosted bot that lags

Awaiting other input.
These users thanked the author HazarDous for the post (total 2):
razor557 (Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:39 am) • 4nonym0us (Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:35 am)

1Player1
Resource Storage

Postby 1Player1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Okay we just took our shoot on the advertise thing. We weren't totally sure since it was just a clan on garena.

About the developer, well it's complicated. I am a former alpha tester of the tkok original team and to sum up the situation... Vexsin, the creator, decided to not work anymore on the map so the development stalled. BUT we are trying to contact Vexsin to talk with him and if everything goes well try to find a coder so we can keep developing the map.

1Player1
Resource Storage

Postby 1Player1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:46 am

Sorry for the double post.
Hallion is right we use europe bots to play 99% of the times. Most of the people are from europe and even the ones that aren't still have better ping on europe bots than the europeans on the other bots.

4nonym0us
Basic Tree

Postby 4nonym0us » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:01 am

I agree with 1Player1 and Hallion91 that having a hostbot hosted in Europe would be highly appreciated. I always choose 'Germany' to create a public Ent host manually and all of the players have a good ping all the time on this server. I guess that hosting it in France would be good as well, but I prefer using Germany since it's not far from center of Europe as France.
Also, according to my observations, the most favorite realms in our community are 'server.eurobattle.net' and 'Europe'.

HazarDous wrote:Is there still a map developer around?

1Player1 already explained the situation, I'd like to add that original map idea creator and map developer decided to do a break because he was satisfied with the map on that point. As far as I understand, there could be a few reasons to do that. The first one, the map already contains A LOT of content (cities, bosses, locations, dungeons, quests, NPC's, etc.) so the TKoK is different from maps, which can be easily finished in a few hours (even without a high level boosting). I agree that getting a first 20-30 level here might be quite fast for an experienced player, but leveling till 40 and getting a good gear requires a lot of time and skills (personally, I absolutely low this thing as it reminds me oldschool (MMO)RPG games when you must have a good mana management to heal well, when you must have a goo thread management as a tank not to fail the run, a lot of other things). The another possible reason to stall the development is that the last official version (which we hosting all the time (3.3.0f)) contains 0 known bugs and glitches and the classes are well-balanced on this point.

Nevertheless, as 1Player1 mentioned, we are trying to get in touch with Vexsin (idea creator, main map developer) in order to get his opinion about the future of TKoK.

Lich41
Basic Tree

Postby Lich41 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:03 am

Hey HazarDous,

Yeah an TKOK Autobot would be great!!

Return to “Suggestion Archive”