Suggesting autohost of Island Troll Tribes

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

quazz
Basic Tree

Suggesting autohost of Island Troll Tribes

Postby quazz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi,

Island Troll Tribes (ITT) is a classic map with a great community that has been active since the first release of the custom game over a decade ago. Though the current version is stable we are still releasing new versions to fix bugs, improve balance, and introduce new features. I have been working on the map for nearly 7 years and I always consider the feedback presented by the ITT community. I invite the ENT community to play ITT with us. The core group is friendly and we're always keen to teach new players. Furthermore, any suggestions you have will be fully considered and may end up becoming a part of ITT.

I've integrated W3MMD into ITT and though it could use some improvements it should be good enough to provide stats for players. I am able and willing to help ENT, if they are interested, to write an interface to allow players to see their stats.

The map can be played in many formats, though 4v4v4 is the default and 6v6 is also common. I prefer playing with a large team of 4-6 players but teams of 1, 2, and 3 players are possible and the map supports those formats with twelve slots (i.e. you can play 3v3v3v3 or 2v2v2v2v2v2 or FFA, and not all teams need to be full or present).

Link to map (load code): y5ydu (Island Troll Tribes v2.94c.w3x, most recent version)
Slot layout: 9, 10, 11, 12 closed (for a 4v4 format)
Number of players until autostart: 6 (they can arrange themselves in a 3v3, 2v2v2, FFA, etc)
Problems with map: no cheats are in the map, no major bugs (that I know of), players are encouraged to report bugs
Why the map should be autohosted: classic WC3 map, great community, active development, already hosted on ENT a lot
Special notes: Autoban should only apply to players who leave during the "Grace Period" at the beginning of the game. When you die after the grace period there isn't always a reason to stick around since ITT can be played in an elimination format, thus leaving is warranted. The "Grace Period" is typically first ~9 minutes of the game, though the duration can be changed with a mode, but I can release a version which will emit that duration change over W3MMD so autoban can be more effective. Additionally, there is another host bot (elevi.ro) but it terrible; it doesn't host up to date versions, the games never start, and it never shows up in the games list so I don't think it will draw players away from the lobby hosted by ENT. ELO could be calculated based on the W3MMD data which is emitted. Vote start is very important so players can start a 1v1, 2v2, 1v1v1, etc.
These users thanked the author quazz for the post (total 2):
Bliss-Darkeyes (Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:19 am) • QuantumT (Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 pm)

nocookie4u
Resource Storage

Re: Suggesting autohost of Island Troll Tribes

Postby nocookie4u » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Just here to back this up. I'm an active member of the community and would to see this hosted by ENT. I've been active in this community for over a decade now. There is a very strong core to the game that will never let it die. We've tried our own auto hosting services before, but with ENT Connect it's hard to reach some player base. We host through your services and things go well. We will constantly have guys coming to our channel asking if there is a game up or if we can host. We would love to, but we can't quite always play.

YOLOSTRATS
Resource Storage

Postby YOLOSTRATS » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:06 pm

The map Island Troll Tribes is such an underrated custom map and not enough people give it enough credit and it is under development and is worked on to balance out issues and game play by a few different editors. I would love to see more people getting involved in the community and trying to learn how to play the game properly and get better at it.

Bliss-Darkeyes
Basic Tree

Postby Bliss-Darkeyes » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 am

Also here to back this up, I've been playing Island Troll Tribes for near on 10 years now, Amazing game, Very underrated. I Also lead a clan that specializes in Island Troll Tribes and we have a lot of higher tier members who are willing to teach and help new players to get into the game, I wont put the Clans name as i don't want to be advertising however if players are in need of a little help to understand the game you can head over to our detailed wikia for Recipes, Troll Classes and there is even a section on Clans where you will find my clan and contact details as well as any other known Island Troll Tribes Clans for each realm.
http://islandtrolltribes.wikia.com/wiki ... icial_Wiki

liqswordz
Basic Tree

Postby liqswordz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 am

Island Troll Tribes is one of the best PvP maps I have ever played, across all platforms. We once had a large player pool, but unfortunately it has decreased significantly. However, the core group of players just can't seem to stay away, myself included. Making Island Troll Tribes an autohosted map would be a great start to growing the player pool again.

Feel free to add me on USEast if you want to play or would like some help getting acquainted with the game, my username is LiquiD. (with a period at the end because I'm edgy). I'd be happy to teach the basics of the game and help players improve.

Thanks for reading,
LiquiD.

QuantumT
Basic Tree

Postby QuantumT » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:53 am

This has been one of my favourite games if not my favourite game for the last 10 years and the fact that there is still an active community just goes to show that the game is worth a try. Sadly the community has grown smaller as most of Warcraft III is now dominated by host bots, i would love to see the game added to a host bot in order to bring new players in and expand the community. With a development team in place and stats already programmed, it would be easily integrated into ENT and would have a positive contribution to the ENT community.

mephisto
Resource Storage

Postby mephisto » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:59 am

This game needs an autohosting bot, if anything you could replace the autohosting games that are never played like warlocks and Power Towers...

Kipo
Basic Tree

Postby Kipo » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:16 pm

Would be Great if ITT were autohosted on entgaming :3
I really like it ^^

Iptameno_Skato8
Basic Tree

Postby Iptameno_Skato8 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:40 pm

y ITT so much fun and we need more ppl too see that

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:52 pm

The version OP wants autohosted has only been hosted 93 times. Then again, other ITT versions have been hosted nearly 4k times. So guess we do have enough players to play it.

@Hazardous @aRt)Y I would approve this.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:53 pm

Haunt wrote:The version OP wants autohosted has only been hosted 93 times. Then again, other ITT versions have been hosted nearly 4k times. So guess we do have enough players to play it.
You mean his newer ITT version has only been hosted 93 times?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Postby Haunt » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:24 pm

@art)y Yes. It could be that it's fairly new and that's why people haven't had time to host it yet.

mephisto
Resource Storage

Postby mephisto » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:23 pm

aRt)Y wrote:
Haunt wrote:The version OP wants autohosted has only been hosted 93 times. Then again, other ITT versions have been hosted nearly 4k times. So guess we do have enough players to play it.
You mean his newer ITT version has only been hosted 93 times?

Map editors have been very active lately (releasing new version nearly every weeks), if you want a more accurate overview you should look at the older versions.

nocookie4u
Resource Storage

Postby nocookie4u » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:41 pm

I myself am part of the development team. I can tell you that the version with 93 hosts, is less than a week old. Currently we have release 3 in less than a month I think. We are pushing for a big update in the future and we have been releasing many small patches leading up to that. I could find a list of the dates that patches have came out if you want a better time table of our activity.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Seems fine. We can test it, I guess.

@Hazardous Moving it to awaiting for now unless you wanna veto.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”