[Autohost] Enfos FFB

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Strikest
Forest Walker

[Autohost] Enfos FFB

Postby Strikest » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Link to map: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/enfos-ffb-edition-v1-98.225458/
Slot layout: slots 5 and 10 closed.
Number of players until autostart: 8, votestart at 6.
Problems with map (like cheats and such), if any:
Why the map should be autohosted: Entgaming used to host this in ENT49, was reasonably popular before I stopped updating the map for 2 years. It even had its own working Elo and statistics page, which I think is still up and functional. Well I am updating the map again, and in the newer version I have addressed a very frequent complaint that I hear: the prohibitive difficulty has been reduced drastically, especially in the early game, allowing new players more time to get acclimated to the game. Also, due to the new Warcraft 3 patch, the map is now fully mac compatible!
Special notes: Autoban can be disabled for now, due to WMMD being disabled to lessen the incidence of desyncs from name spoofs. If ent graciously decides to start autohosting enfos again, I can of course reanable the WMMD code and get the Elo system back up again.

HazarDous
Staff Department

Re: [Autohost] Enfos FFB

Postby HazarDous » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:10 am

Waiting for community input.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 am

Im pretty sure it will be useless to autohost any Enfo game. The community members i approached back then (who host it privatly a lot here) gave their input to the situation viewtopic.php?f=43&t=91817&hilit=Enfo

Sadly the changes back then didnt worked out as the autohosted games dont really fill anymore, especially when idling for hours.
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

Jeffy
Basic Tree

Postby Jeffy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:51 pm

I believe auto hosting FFB would be a good idea as it is a very fun yet challenging version of enfos. It has a wide variety of item combinations, difficult commanders with unique spells, and a boss rush mode that makes playing one team a viable option. I do understand that at times the popularity will not be as high; to solve this I suggest to vote start as 4 in case people want to try as one team. Also 2v2 isn't a bad option either since you can still have fun with less players. It is a map that is a lot to handle the first time playing so auto hosting it will allow players to build up their map knowledge as knowing what items to buy for each hero is very critical.
Also opposed to the MT version it is still being developed by the creator. Having it auto hosted will allow for more players to suggest balancing and test new heroes/modes/items and such in order to further develop the map. It may not be completely balanced but that is because it is unfinished and very complex. There isn't enough of a player base to give the needed feedback, auto hosting FFB should improve that.
I have been playing this version since the beta and I can't play regular MT anymore because it is just seems boring with the limited amount of items and no commanders. Once more people start learning the map and playing they too will not want to go back as there is so much more to offer.

latino666
Resource Storage

Postby latino666 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:25 pm

I would love to see enfos autohosted again, maybe lower the votestart, like jeffy suggests. 2v2 is a lot more doable than a 3v3. Also the elo rankings coming back, would be great for it. :D

God-Kyo
Armored Tree

Postby God-Kyo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:42 pm

latino666 wrote:I would love to see enfos autohosted again, maybe lower the votestart, like jeffy suggests. 2v2 is a lot more doable than a 3v3. Also the elo rankings coming back, would be great for it. :D

+1 this map need back to us. full house is more funny :lol:
''First, I never mistake. Second, if I make a mistake , go back to the first rule .''

'' Peace will never be achieved with violence ''

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:25 pm

support
These users thanked the author Ziadoma for the post:
God-Kyo (Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:59 pm)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:48 pm

If the Enfos community wants the bot, they can reach out to us.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Return to “Suggestion Archive”