Postby khan » Sat May 06, 2017 12:33 am

please BS pro return it to before.
I wanna play BS with people again.
what happened?

disconnected
Basic Tree

Re: please BS pro return it to before.

Postby disconnected » Sun May 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Returning it to before will not change anything. It's the idiots who stacked games that made it no fun for anyone new or not extremely good to be able to play.

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 pm

BULLSHIT
That is wrong. That is only one problem. The other problems are people vote accelerated no trader, which takes away the early game. This means you dont have to be good you just get your money anyway. Then the game is autohosted 4vs4 which is ok in itself, but when someone leaves you have a team of 3 people which is really hard to win with. People buy juggernauts and just commit for towers and the harbours and even if they die its worth for them because they feed 400g for the ship but slowly and surely the base will die and they will win, because the respawn time is too short to kill them and kill their base. So if you kill them and try to attack they are already respawned. And then but only after that there are the people who stack, which could be easily fixed if the game gets shuffled.
These users thanked the author Ziadoma for the post (total 2):
CerealKiller (Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 pm) • kaddybaer (Wed May 10, 2017 6:25 pm)

CerealKiller
Basic Tree

Postby CerealKiller » Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 pm

i agree with ziadoma here, but people "stack" in all games, but that is just because they know each other and have fun. i suggest you get yourself some buddys as well and play with or if you get enough against each other. also shuffling might be an option, but if you have 1 friend you would rather not play a forced shuffled game.
These users thanked the author CerealKiller for the post:
Ziadoma (Wed May 10, 2017 6:35 pm)

disconnected
Basic Tree

Postby disconnected » Sat May 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Well that's why I quit playing and so did several others I played with. So, it's not bullshit even though you may not agree or like it.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

People voted accel no trader because that was the mode the majority of players, myself included, wanted to play. I never liked Battleships CF because of the extremely slow early game with a lot of sitting around and doing nothing much, so I preferred Pro. Players that want that kind of early game can and do play Crossfire, so Pro catered to the other niche. I doubt choosing the other mode would have taken players from CF.

I don't think theres anything in particular thats contributed to the decline in activity on the bot, its simply that the game is old and the popularity fades over time. CF was already more popular so it's natural that Pro was the first to go. Honestly it was impressive how long the bot has lasted. Either way, the popularity has basically nothing to do with the new version, considering the changes are quite minimal and activity had already been decreasing. Changing the version will change nothing.

drewisfat
Resource Storage

Postby drewisfat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 am

Lol? Sorry but there's no gray area to what happened.

ENT agreed to host whatever version some guy came up with. That guy made major changes, didn't thoroughly test them before updating and a bug severely ruined the game. There was then a cold stop to any games getting played. The mapmaker then abandoned the project.

I'd love to debate the other issues as I miss this game, but the game's decline was relatively slow until the sudden death blow.

And honestly I'm furious at ENT. You see, there was another host bot people regularly played on before (peps_bot) which had a higher skill level player base. ENT started hosting and both games filled slower for a while as a result, until eventually ENT won out. And ENT celebrates this victory by blundering the game to an early death?

Obviously the new map should be swapped out with the old map, as the mapmaker quit. I doubt that will solve the problem though. After all, Peps_bot is still around! The thing is once a bot has a reputation of its games never starting, its games never start. The best chance is for ENT to try switching up the hostbot / game name, or have someone else host the game entirely.

L1ghtniNG
Basic Tree

Postby L1ghtniNG » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:30 am

drewisfat wrote:Lol? Sorry but there's no gray area to what happened.

ENT agreed to host whatever version some guy came up with. That guy made major changes, didn't thoroughly test them before updating and a bug severely ruined the game. There was then a cold stop to any games getting played. The mapmaker then abandoned the project.

I'd love to debate the other issues as I miss this game, but the game's decline was relatively slow until the sudden death blow.

And honestly I'm furious at ENT. You see, there was another host bot people regularly played on before (peps_bot) which had a higher skill level player base. ENT started hosting and both games filled slower for a while as a result, until eventually ENT won out. And ENT celebrates this victory by blundering the game to an early death?

Obviously the new map should be swapped out with the old map, as the mapmaker quit. I doubt that will solve the problem though. After all, Peps_bot is still around! The thing is once a bot has a reputation of its games never starting, its games never start. The best chance is for ENT to try switching up the hostbot / game name, or have someone else host the game entirely.

AGREED, ENT killed the game even though we already had a bot to play on, same happened to DACI-Bot once peps started hosting. If this game is actually played again, I might even be willing to come back, which might bring more pros aka BETTER GAMES :).

P.S. Hi drew

firstrealpirate
Basic Tree

Postby firstrealpirate » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello,

yes please host again the version 1.199.
The version 1.199.1.01 was no fun and the reason for empty games at waitlist.....

plz host 1.199 and we will play it again!!

best regards

firstrealpirate

khspww94
Forest Walker

Postby khspww94 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 pm

The older version has always been favoured and it has always been the map hosted by pro for their own personal private games.. Missed playing it so much but the game has already been dead..

In case anyone decided to revive the game or ENT finally come to their sense and decided to rehost again, let me know, I still keep in touch with some of the older players.. We even have chat group in Facebook and etc..
F®0sT

freshmystic
Basic Tree

Postby freshmystic » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:31 pm

Massive Bump. Hello I am druma from West. 13s Shaman/13sG Chief/13sE creator and chief. 10 yrs ago i was working with Prescott among other key mappers at the time on a few great updates to bships that never fully took hold. Everyone was always stuck on Pro, which in itself down to the terrain has been fun, but IMBA. Any older players around can contact me here, on reforged, or on the xfire discord, Lets play ships 2020

Return to “Battleships Pro”