Any recommendation support heroes?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
IWinIfyoulose

Re: Any recommendation support heroes?

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 am

@Letbell
"What do you usually max out first for earth spirit?"
I like maxing Rolling Boulder first, 1 lvl in Boulder Smash, and max Geomagnetic Grip. Somtimes I take more in the silence spell vs heros that can blink away etc.

I like urn veil. Can I farm a fast radiance then I use to do it. I dont use to go carry items but that might work as well if you know what to do (and get the farm/items)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:50 pm

There are a lot of support heroes and they do different things. Pick them in accordance to the game flow. Seems like more and more new players do not bother with hero counters, which is the 1st "battle" of the game. (I love RDEM games)

ES - counter image heroes
Silencer - counters casters
Oracle - counters strong carries (excellent on void, LC, slark)
etc...

As more you play, the more you'll also learn how some spells work against certain abilities. For example, many people think Huskar is a Phoenix counter b/c of his magical immunity and increase IAS. However, Phoenix is also a Huskar counter b/c he can reduce Huskar's IAS and... (man I'm just dishing out game secrets here)... the laser actually counters Huskar's magical immunity. I haven't tried it in the newest version b/c I honestly don't play Pho as much as I use to, but this was consistent at least through 6.81.

Some things need to be double checked. I remember in 6.81 any net ability will overcome Naix's avatar and BKB. But I remember a recent game where Rhasta was unable to net Naix in avatar. I'm not sure if that was a glitch or the person who fixed 6.83 deliberately made the change. If he did, this change is wrong as net abilities were considered physical and not magical.

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:50 am

Whenever someone picked Pl and my team doesn't have aoe.
I would immediately rush a veil, because veil doesn't work on illusion and reveal the real one, and sometime pl players would called me a hacker because I used veil on them LOL.

Oracle seem like a good support, and goes well with all kind of tanks and carries, and saved a lot of people.
His second skill prevent slark to use his first skill, and that's OP; he can't escape stuns :D

I realy like how silencer can carry better than O.D, but...I kinda hate when the enemies have manta - Making silences global ulti useless... :(

I tried out batrider a few time. Oh man...I didn't know that urn + oil deal so much damage, and some people said it was a glitch/bug.
3 oil + 1 urn = dead lol.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 pm

A lot of bad info ITT. To be honest, there are no "right" items for support heroes, just find out what works for you. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Blink is great on heroes like lina/lion/cm because it greatly improves their mobility and lets you disable over and over again while your carries dish out damage. And anyone thinking they can "carry" with dazzle is out their goddamn minds, dazzle is just too fragile to be a carry and you should be graving your carries anyways if you're going to pick dazzle, not yourself. A lot of people simply don't understand dota one bit, yet they rush in here spewing useless advice. The way dota is played nowadays feels just so wrong, basically you have a whole bunch of noobs who care 10x more about getting useless hero kills and know nothing about actually winning the game, I see it all the time. Sorry if this post sounds negative but lately it's almost impossible to find anyone who actually knows how to play the game. Instead you have people getting dumb items like lothars on every other hero with the sole purpose of running away because they have 0 map sense.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:48 pm

divinerape wrote:There is more than one way to skin a cat.

All those ways lead to being a serial killer.

Rain-
ENT Staff

Postby Rain- » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Veno support/carry is fun with veil + aghanim :)

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 pm

divinerape wrote:Instead you have people getting dumb items like lothars on every other hero with the sole purpose of running away because they have 0 map sense.

Just played a recent ar game where 1 player repicked a hero b/c we have no tank, his idea too. The repick gave us a str hero *lucky!* :shock: ... and then 30 mins in, I found out the guy was saving for a radiance. :?

Everytime I play tank, I always expect my KDR to be negative, b/c my job is to take hits while our dps gets the kills. But these days, you're absolutely correct, I'm seeing tanks getting lothars. :?

---

Actually I shouldn't be too hard on that radiance guy. I recently made a similar mistake with Magnus. Went dps build and didn't realize until late game I was the only tank on the team. Absolutely no idea how I missed it. :lol:

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:56 am

nitromon wrote:Actually I shouldn't be too hard on that radiance guy. I recently made a similar mistake with Magnus. Went dps build and didn't realize until late game I was the only tank on the team. Absolutely no idea how I missed it. :lol:

How is magnus a tank? Which one is his tanking skill? If u wanna play magnus properly go dagger forcestaff shivas refresher maybe lothars too. And if u wanna dps with him just go heart cuz his empower amplifies your base damage which is based on your main stat.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:46 pm

nitromon wrote:I recently made a similar mistake with Magnus. Went dps build and didn't realize until late game I was the only tank on the team. Absolutely no idea how I missed it. :lol:

lmfao sure all str heroes are tanks. the primary attribute decides your role instead of skills, cast point, attack rate.

so how about the dagon bara you "invented"? dagon is a tanking item i guess?
GOTEM

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:07 pm

Burnt wrote:
nitromon wrote:I recently made a similar mistake with Magnus. Went dps build and didn't realize until late game I was the only tank on the team. Absolutely no idea how I missed it. :lol:

lmfao sure all str heroes are tanks. the primary attribute decides your role instead of skills, cast point, attack rate.

so how about the dagon bara you "invented"? dagon is a tanking item i guess?

Dagon obviously isn't a tanking item. But what it is, if you do it right, is an item that absolutely allows you to take out an enemy's carry hero completely out of the fight and still leaves you at 90% hp to charge again + deal additional damage with your attack to the rest of the heroes.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:09 pm

pharaoh wrote:
nitromon wrote:Actually I shouldn't be too hard on that radiance guy. I recently made a similar mistake with Magnus. Went dps build and didn't realize until late game I was the only tank on the team. Absolutely no idea how I missed it. :lol:

How is magnus a tank? Which one is his tanking skill? If u wanna play magnus properly go dagger forcestaff shivas refresher maybe lothars too. And if u wanna dps with him just go heart cuz his empower amplifies your base damage which is based on your main stat.

Really? You must be a pro!!! Tell me again why I wouldn't go mom + buriza + sny + heart + battlefury instead and wipe out your entire team in one ult?

Letbell
Treant

Postby Letbell » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:55 pm

divinerape wrote:
pharaoh wrote:

Really? You must be a pro!!! Tell me again why I wouldn't go mom + buriza + sny + heart + battlefury instead and wipe out your entire team in one ult?

Your build are completely fine. If you have good supports on your team who can cover you, wards, counter gank, baiting, and let you farm.

Some people played magnus different. They tend to play support roles in pubs, because they knows that people going to pick carries anyway and you have to pick something that can make plays.

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

divinerape wrote:Really? You must be a pro!!! Tell me again why I wouldn't go mom + buriza + sny + heart + battlefury instead and wipe out your entire team in one ult?

Cause magnus best skill is reverse polarity. You are supposed to build your hero around that and catch as many enemies as u can in ur ult. Your build could work vs noob pubs, but that doesn't mean shit cuz i have destroyed ent pubs even with mom skadi mjollnir ezalor. You would feed hard vs good opponents or in dota2 cuz u have no way to use RP effectively and catch an "entire team" on it. Unless u actually expect good players to walk towards you like retards with no vision and wait for you to walk among them and hit V lmfao.
Magnus is a mid hero, maybe offlane too, and he excels in a team with a hard carry like troll, pa or antimage that can destroy the enemy team with empower and their insane dps while RP is on effect. Enemies cant even defend from highground vs a good magnus that will dagger in, ult them and drag them out of their base to his team with skewer.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:13 pm

pharaoh wrote:Magnus is a mid hero, maybe offlane too, and he excels in a team with a hard carry like troll, pa or antimage that can destroy the enemy team with empower and their insane dps while RP is on effect.

and ember! but not the pub ember who gets bloodstone lmao. that always hurt my eyes
These users thanked the author Burnt for the post:
pharaoh (Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:15 pm)
GOTEM

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm

pharaoh wrote:How is magnus a tank? Which one is his tanking skill? If u wanna play magnus properly go dagger forcestaff shivas refresher maybe lothars too. And if u wanna dps with him just go heart cuz his empower amplifies your base damage which is based on your main stat.

Skills are not the only thing which makes something a tank. Some heroes are better at tanking than other heroes. However, in a team where you are the only STR hero while your teammates are int and agil, you are the tank. Hero attributes means they gain those attributes at a higher rate than the other 2. ALL STR heroes can tank, some better than others.

DPS Mag built, as most players in here have mentioned involved IAS + DPS (usually in form of crit + fury,), which is what I went for in the game b/c it is pretty much the default Mag built and most players who have played Mag would go for without thinking. Reverse polarity and then you AOE finish them. However, reverse polarity is a great ult, regardless of whether you get the kill or your teammates.

In the game described, I was the only STR hero on my team, and the opponent has a lot of disables and they're not noobs, they know to scatter in team fights instead of standing together. I went lothar (blink works just as well), but can never get all 5. We still won the game, but would've been easier if I've gone tank items such as BM, heart, cuirass, satanic, etc... and take more hits for my DPS to clean up. The opponent had a kunka, who practically kills DPS mag in combo if I missed him in the ult.

divinerape wrote:Really? You must be a pro!!! Tell me again why I wouldn't go mom + buriza + sny + heart + battlefury instead and wipe out your entire team in one ult?

When did I ever say I'm pro? I'm simply old. LOL! :lol:

I mean are you pro? Your comment suggest a standard Mag built without even considering the battlefield. Your suggested built is exactly what I went for and didn't work in that game. I went that built without thinking b/c it is the default built, which I assume you do in all your games? Or you're just trying to be difficult b/c you're still triggered by 1 of my previous posts?

I see you and Burnt over there still "triggered" after 1 post by me which doesn't even mention you guys, talk about the insecurities. You go around playing slark, dagon SB, LC, void on a bunch of noobs and you think you are pros? Real pros play pudge, phoenix, shredder, etc... I watched one of the mods in here go 24 kills with Leshrac while with feeding teammates and losing the game without losing his cool, that's pro, that's respect.

I thought this forum is a place for DOTA discussion on techniques, strategies? I didn't know this is a place where little girls go to get triggered. I'm just going to ignore you and Burnt there until you two get over whatever insecurities is bothering you. If you're this toxic in the forums, I cannot imagine what kind of toxic players you are in the games.

:roll:

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”