Open discussion about match scheduling

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Open discussion about match scheduling

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:27 pm

We have been noticed that it can be difficult for some teams to schedule their match with some other teams and we came to some potential solutions, but we want your input on this issue.

Here are some examples of questions we would like to get your input from:
  • Do you think there should be a penality for a team if they can't play one week? Why?
  • Do you think we should increase the period allowed to play a match? It is now 1 week, should it be more and would it help?
  • Does the "make-up" week (11th week of the season) helps to schedule matches? How?
  • What is the main issue you are encountering when scheduling a match? Time zones, players availability, etc. ?
"in a moment of extreme passion"
- Beastman (2017)

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Re: Open discussion about match scheduling

Postby bezdak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Plast's, n1ll3's and Hug's teams were all on point with communication, props for that. Didn't experience any troubles so far.

1. There shouldn't be any penalty in case the team communicates. If they can't play because they started to plan too late, then yes, there should be a punishment.
2. 1 week seems reasonable to me
3. Didn't have to use it so far but it's definitely a good idea, it should stay like this - 1 week break before the playoffs with a possibility to play missed matches is a good way to solve it.
4. All 3 teams I communicated with so far were great, had no issues whatsoever.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

In 2 weeks of LTL, i have troubles communicating with other teams both weeks.

First with "GuidedByAllah" team, and now with "24 Shades of Tk".
First team's captain didnt respond to any of my messages because he waited for his 1 player to come back from vacation, even tho they had others to play.
And now second team, i messaged all of them, noone had courtesy to respond, not even to say "hey we cant play this week", or "hey i cant respond, im not sure, we will talk soon", or something.

So, no, i dont think there should be penalty in case 1 team cant play some week.
I think there should be penalty for not communicating with opposite team's captain, or players from other team. There should be something like deadline for conversation of 2 captains, or something.

For example, team 24 shades of tk sent us a message in saturday evening. (?) You really think thats fair ? People have lives, we dont want to wait whole week to agree on 2hours of playing series. They messaged today, saying "we can play tomorrow, u want or no ? " That is too rude, and too dissrespectful, and LTL staff should do something about it, so it doesnt repeat in future for anyone.

1 week for playing match is fine, no need more time, u have 7 days to agree on 2hours playing. Everyone can do that. Vacations ending, etc, so everyone should have that time during 1 week.

"make-up week" is fine, it should be there, just in case if some matches doesnt get played.

For my team, only problem was communicating with opposite teams. Nothing more. I repeat, ltl staff should do something about it.
These users thanked the author Vendeta for the post:
G0LIATH_05 (Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:57 am)
D.S. 1989

bezdak
Corrupted Treant

Postby bezdak » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:39 pm

Vendeta wrote:There should be something like deadline for conversation of 2 captains

^
Completely agree.
"Flame don´t make people play better" - Wolke

G0LIATH_05
Forest Walker

Postby G0LIATH_05 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:13 am

Vendeta wrote:In 2 weeks of LTL, i have troubles communicating with other teams both weeks.

First with "GuidedByAllah" team, and now with "24 Shades of Tk".
First team's captain didnt respond to any of my messages because he waited for his 1 player to come back from vacation, even tho they had others to play.
And now second team, i messaged all of them, noone had courtesy to respond, not even to say "hey we cant play this week", or "hey i cant respond, im not sure, we will talk soon", or something.

So, no, i dont think there should be penalty in case 1 team cant play some week.
I think there should be penalty for not communicating with opposite team's captain, or players from other team. There should be something like deadline for conversation of 2 captains, or something.

For example, team 24 shades of tk sent us a message in saturday evening. (?) You really think thats fair ? People have lives, we dont want to wait whole week to agree on 2hours of playing series. They messaged today, saying "we can play tomorrow, u want or no ? " That is too rude, and too dissrespectful, and LTL staff should do something about it, so it doesnt repeat in future for anyone.

1 week for playing match is fine, no need more time, u have 7 days to agree on 2hours playing. Everyone can do that. Vacations ending, etc, so everyone should have that time during 1 week.

"make-up week" is fine, it should be there, just in case if some matches doesnt get played.

For my team, only problem was communicating with opposite teams. Nothing more. I repeat, ltl staff should do something about it.

Right to the point Vendeta! The communication between teams is very important... And no, what they did to announce with half a day before time playing is not normal... Everyone has a personal life, and should be organized one day in a week when all captains will talk about hour and date of the next match...example ( So regarding of the matches schedule, if team 1 with team 2 will have to play on Saturday 12 Aug and team 3 with team 4 will have to play on Monday 14 Aug, and right next on the schedule will play team 1 with team 3, what will do team 1 ?... Team 1 will wait until team 3 will finish their Monday match and right away will PM their captain to ask the hour and date of their next match.) not with half a day before match as happened now...

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:06 pm

bezdak wrote:
Vendeta wrote:There should be something like deadline for conversation of 2 captains

^
Completely agree.

Ok, but how do we, moderators, monitor this?
- Beastman (2017)

nicolai123
Treant

Postby nicolai123 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:18 pm

For monitoring that team captains communicate within a certain deadline i would suggest having the initial discussion regarding scheduling between two captains be on the LTL chat.

Vendeta
Treant Protector

Postby Vendeta » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 am

Kiwi wrote:
bezdak wrote:

^
Completely agree.

Ok, but how do we, moderators, monitor this?

Every captain can just simply report to mods in pm, with ss if needed.
D.S. 1989

KiwiLeKiller
Treant Protector

Postby KiwiLeKiller » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Good suggestions were made and actions were taken regarding rule phrasing.

Archieving.
- Beastman (2017)

Return to “LTL Archive”