Future of LOD

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
TrueLies
Resource Storage

Future of LOD

Postby TrueLies » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:13 am

Hi

creators of LOD posted something on their website yesterday and I think Mods, Admins and players here should be noted:
In short: ONLY USE WARCRAFT 3 PATCH 1.26!

LoD maps from 6.85j2 and onwards (any future maps) can no longer be played on any patch other than Warcraft 3 patch 1.26. Patches 1.24, 1.28 or above, or anything else, are no longer compatible with LoD or DotA.

This means that any platforms that use other patches, even official Battle.net, are no longer supported. It is your choice if you wish to play outdated maps just for the sake of an outdated platform.
Any communities that can prove that they have more than 50 active members and are willing to transfer to RGC can contact me and will receive a completely free room with unlimited administration rights and free hostbots (in either EU, US, or Asia).
RGC is the only client that actively supports LoD and DotA, and as such, RGC decided they will stay on patch 1.26. Any clients using patch 1.26 can still play new LoD and DotA maps, any other patch can't and won't in the future. We will let you know if this changes due to blizzard's new patches in the future, but we doubt it will.

We ask you to spread this information on your community's website or forum, so there will be no confusion as to why no new LoD/DotA maps are released.
We ask you to tell any communities where it's possible to change the WC3 patch to 1.26 to do so. You can use this tool to switch to patch 1.26: http://www.dota-util...er-120-121.html
If you are a Blizzard employee or have connection to one: we would happily work together with Blizzard to make LoD and DotA possible in future patches. Please contact us: dracolich@ya.ru

If you have any questions, please ask them here.

Regards,
ResQ and DracoL1ch
(http://legendsofdota.com & http://d1stats.ru)

Original topic: http://legendsofdota.com/index.php?/topic/840-lod-maps-are-now-only-playable-on-warcraft-3-patch-126/

CheW
Protector of Nature

Re: Future of LOD

Postby CheW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=115826

On another note, new version is super buggy and the skill level at RGC is a joke
MAGA

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:16 am

What future?

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 am

The DotA version that ENT hosts is far superior than DracoL1ch's bullshit map. The one thing wrong with it is meepo (way too OP) and to a lesser extent slark and an even lesser extent LC, but other than that it is simply perfect.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

divinerape wrote:The DotA version that ENT hosts is far superior than DracoL1ch's bullshit map.

Superior in the sense of what? Not having to worry about silver edge, glimmer cape etc? or the em mode so you right click and get 6 slotted?
GOTEM

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 am

Burnt wrote:
divinerape wrote:The DotA version that ENT hosts is far superior than DracoL1ch's bullshit map.

Superior in the sense of what? Not having to worry about silver edge, glimmer cape etc? or the em mode so you right click and get 6 slotted?

In the sense that dota doesn't need to mimic the crap that is dota 2, if we wanted to play dota 2 all of us would be playing dota 2. Dota doesnt need 20 or 50 new items, what it does need is 5-10-15 new heroes to be honest but I am fairly sure that DracoL1ch is incapable of doing this, and I was part of the original beta test team for dota for 5+ years so let's just say that I just might know wtf I'm talking about and leave it at that.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”