Beastmaster > meepo?

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
Letbell
Treant

Beastmaster > meepo?

Postby Letbell » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 am

I was checking some stats in dotabuff and it said that beastmaster have better advantage against meepo.

Not sure if that is right, but I am pretty sure the only hero that counter him to fullest both early and late is winter wyrm (Based from my experiences).

divinerape

Re: Beastmaster > meepo?

Postby divinerape » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 am

Dotabuff is for dota 2 right?

Beastmaster would do absolutely nothing vs meepo.

Early counters from best to worst:
1. Axe
2. Sven
3. Lich
4. Winter Wyvern
5. LC
6. ES

Some other honorable mentions : Centaur, Necrolyte, Void

Late counters? Best pray you have a combination of 3-4 of the above heroes. The only hero I am consistently able to counter geo with is sven, but it takes a lot of work and a lot of owning.
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9778891

This is raping geo all game (and the rest of their team and having more kills than their entire team combined) and still losing, with Axe
https://entgaming.net/findstats.php?id=9791399

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Those stats are for dota 2. It's fair to say that it is a different game now. Not to mention average player skill, the game has undergone many different changes. Geo is'n't an easiest hero to play, that and for other reasons, he has been rather low on that list. That list has very little to do with dota 1.

As far as countering him, there are many heroes. Some are mentioned above, others are not.

BTW that 30cm guy is pretty bad, anyone can counter him. The other one is OK at best...
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:25 pm

shalama wrote:Those stats are for dota 2. It's fair to say that it is a different game now. Not to mention average player skill, the game has undergone many different changes. Geo is'n't an easiest hero to play, that and for other reasons, he has been rather low on that list. That list has very little to do with dota 1.

As far as countering him, there are many heroes. Some are mentioned above, others are not.

BTW that 30cm guy is pretty bad, anyone can counter him. The other one is OK at best...

Yeah I wasn't saying that they're amazing, it was just some recent examples.

What are some other good geo counters that I haven't mentioned?

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Only seen this once, but it was very effective. Ursa with battle fury and blink. Ridiculous aoe. Can't believe no one does that.

Voker. Sick dmg early on, and with so many disable spells he can keep one from going anywhere. I've countered geo with voker before. Most effective early/mid and in non-em.

Sniper can do it if he farms well and manages to stay away.

These are, I suppose, are the more difficult to accomplish. I'm a geo player so i won't mention the easier, most effective ones. :)
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:50 am

Techies is one of the best counters for Meepo. You can chain stun in very easily, you have massive aoe and you can counter his lane bouncing by laying mines. Limiting the meepo farm makes it easier for others to take him out. Meepo also cannot bkb making him one of the weakest heroes against techies. Meepo is melee only. This means he has zero range abilities to engage you and nothing that he can do about your stuns and bombs. Ghost scepter also does wonders vs him and gives you the time you need to get another statis or bomb down while you are in trouble.

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:26 am

Its amazing that ember is not yet mentioned when hes the best counter to this noob hero in all stages of the game. Ember owns geo mid with searing chains and flame guard, and later just destroys him with sleight of fist and battlefury/divine/crit. Also geo has no natural way to stop his fire remnant.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 am

pharaoh wrote:Its amazing that ember is not yet mentioned when hes the best counter to this noob hero in all stages of the game. Ember owns geo mid with searing chains and flame guard, and later just destroys him with sleight of fist and battlefury/divine/crit. Also geo has no natural way to stop his fire remnant.

Have yet to see anyone except myself coming anywhere even close to beating a meepo mid/late game. Would be nice to see some replays

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 am

tinkertonker wrote:Techies is one of the best counters for Meepo. You can chain stun in very easily, you have massive aoe and you can counter his lane bouncing by laying mines. Limiting the meepo farm makes it easier for others to take him out. Meepo also cannot bkb making him one of the weakest heroes against techies. Meepo is melee only. This means he has zero range abilities to engage you and nothing that he can do about your stuns and bombs. Ghost scepter also does wonders vs him and gives you the time you need to get another statis or bomb down while you are in trouble.

Yeah... how many mines does it take to take out a 4k hp geo? And very doubtful you'll get a chance to be freely laying stun traps (past the first one) since a lategame geo can kill you in 1 millisecond. How about a replay?

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:17 pm

divinerape wrote:Have yet to see anyone except myself coming anywhere even close to beating a meepo mid/late game. Would be nice to see some replays

Would be nice to see some replays
GOTEM

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:19 pm

with stun traps low cd you should be easily able to use cheap juggles on a meepo and keep him permastunned. 6 remotes would easily kill a meepo. I beat some of the good meepos the other day like rain. I did not save the replay. But here is a link to the account I am smurfing right now.

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/player/miller/

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Techies is also one of the only heroes that can generate enough income to outfarm and outpush a meepo. Late game techies should have battle birds equipped with AC, drums, shivas, etc.

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

Ember can only beat geo mid if he doesn't know what's coming. Anyone with half a brain who's seen the trick once, can avoid it with ease. After that ember needs a lot of farm to be a problem to geo. Ember is paper, if you can blink on him while he's distracted, he's done.

Tech is ok. But it depends on the rest of the team, on each side, if he's effective or not. That stands for any tech game geo or not.

pacoquerak
Aura Tree

Postby pacoquerak » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:05 am

Meepo with sheep stick is answer for ember, forcing ember to buy linkens sphere, reducing his damage. No one can outfarm a good meepo, it is laughable to think techies can outfarm him, only if he gets lots of kills. Counters to meepo are hard carries with bkb or chain cc especially earthshaker, warlock and disruptor. Best way to beat meepo is out carry him or keep chain ccing him, he dies to hard teamfight comp.

divinerape

Postby divinerape » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 pm

saw an admiral do really well against a meepo today (but not the best meepo out there)

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”