tombs vs mines

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

tombs vs mines

Postby tinkertonker » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:15 am

is using tomb on techies mines an allowed strat? The tomb used to die due to techies mines but no longer does. So we have people just casting tomb on the mines over and over again to clear off ramps, and other spots with no sentries. This is similar to the cour glitch earlier on. When they changed techies mine damage it changed a lot of things.

IWinIfyoulose

Re: tombs vs mines

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm

This isn't a problem. The cd on tombstone is on a way to long... And yes, its allowed.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:47 am

I doubt that it is, as tombstone was never meant to survive bombs. Our bombs were nerfed enough. Techies bombs have a longer cd if you consider your destroying a stack of 4-5 typically. Fact, our bombs no longer blow up on scourge raxes. Only on sentinel because of the building types. It shouldn't be hard to either fix this or not allow it.

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:27 pm

only noobs play techie
These users thanked the author Burnt for the post (total 2):
pharaoh (Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:29 pm) • Panopticon (Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 pm)
GOTEM

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm

this is why I dont even bother reporting the glitches in how to see techie bombs without sentries, or how to see sentries or wards or other invisible units without sentries...

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:37 pm

tinkertonker wrote:this is why I dont even bother reporting the glitches in how to see techie bombs without sentries, or how to see sentries or wards or other invisible units without sentries...

:O What bugs are these?
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I dont broadcast em, but seeing techies mines is about as old as dota, I have shown people before by saying go mine then I tell them where they are mining without using mh, for some reason you can trigger the ability to see tech mines through fog. That is like the second easiest one, for some reason you can trigger wards to flash red for the rest of the game without proper vision

Dhamma
Treant

Postby Dhamma » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 pm

wow, thats so OP....... #permaban tinkertonker for glitch abuse XD
Vipassana: to see things as they really are. This meditation was rediscovered by Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills. This technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation

Zeratul

Postby Zeratul » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:55 pm

You can see techies mining (land, stun and remotes) as most of them have no clue about the current "bug" (so to say) - Old/good players know how to avoid this situation (which causes you to see through fog - Kinda funny cause during the game, if you're on the enemy side, you can see the mines if he doens't know about the trick, but while reviewing replays, it doens't show that way, and it can lead to people misjudging you for maphack :P ).

only noobs play techie
True :P But it takes a noob to show how a techies can make your game a living hell :D I'd rather pick techies 24/7 and have fun, than picking a hero where most people are clueless how to counter (People getting wards, gems actually make my techies games far more interesting, as it's always funny to challenge them to survive with the wards/gem/book lolololololol)

PS: Regarding the current tomb situation, haven't had the time to test it to see if tomb died in the past or not (but its possible), however i haven't seen much people abusing it to justify doing something about it atm

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:06 am

I can tell you as a techies player that it has died in the past. What has happened is they changed the techies damage. This caused for example the cour not to die when it used to run over it. That was fixed. Generally, techies when played like geo because a fast farmer, your goal is to get a scept by 15 minutes, from there, you can easily get 1k gold every minute. This allows you to get your BoT, BS, Sheep, skadi, ghost -> etheral blade. An end game techies should not care if someone sees your mines. You should be able to lock down any player in a perma stun if you juggle your spells and items correctly. Eventually you will will build battle birds to carry: AC, rad, etc. I find there is really only about 3 hero counters to techies. It is really in all how you play him

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:01 am

Enemy = techie picker?
Pick tanky carries, buy midas, dont push and avoid all fights till all ur team is 6 slotted. After 70 mins of farming just walk in all techies mines with ur hearts, assault, butterfly, shivas or skadi and take like 1k damage at most. Then just attack buildings while techies feels useless af and his team blaming him for having to fight 4v5. Will be such a funnn game that techie pickers will start learning new heroes lmfao.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:46 am

I can tell who is good and who isn't by their comments alone... lol

You do realize 2 remotes does over 1k damage?

pharaoh
Armored Tree

Postby pharaoh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:25 pm

You do realize that remotes deal magic damage? A 6 slotted jugger for example can just walk in with his bladefury and kill ur raxes without even sweating. And I won't even mention the nightmare of carries like sniper against mines. You're just too used on playing vs apem noobs that cant even buy dagger to initiate. If u wanna use a techies right, pick him with tusk and be a nightmare early. If u wanna talk about how useful is techies late game, then ur just a troll lmao.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:58 pm

smh wow, just wow...

Burnt
Treant Protector

Postby Burnt » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:34 pm

wow what? I agree with those comments. Techie makes team suffer cuz he force them to 4v5 and makes enemy suffer cuz they can't push. Every techie game in dota 2 used to last 70+ min that's why they signficantly nerfed damage and increased gold reward for mines.
GOTEM

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”