I am sorry. Ent has lost me as a player

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

hydroponicTango
Forest Walker

I am sorry. Ent has lost me as a player

Postby hydroponicTango » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:14 am

Unfortunately recent attempts and discussions regarding the Range Ban that i have tried to have resolved has resulted in me having to leave ENT as a DOTA platform due to zero resolve.

I was told that due to another player being "in my range of IP" has been dodging and as such a range ban has been put on IP's in that area. This being said, it is acknowledged that I am not at fault and an "innocent" (using your administrator words) player and as such a "whitelist" occurs. Unfortunately this means I cannot generate new accounts if i wish to (well unless i want to after 2 months) for a 1 year period. Totally ridiculous as, if I do break the rules you are quite capable of applying an IP ban to accounts, ban such as leaving games early etc showing that specific IPs can be selected for banning however cannot be selected as clean/legitimate players.

In todays computer environment i find this "Scatter gun" approach to banning a range of IP's very antiquated when as mentioned above you are very capable of banning specific IP's.

When putting the question to the administrator I was met with this response:
"We only range ban ban dodgers. As to why some people need to be whitelisted, it's a long story and I won't be going into it in detail."

I have requested an account name to be "whitelisted" however has now been ignored.

Suffice to say I thank you for the time here however it appears that ENT do not wish to assist its players.

matdas
ENT Staff

Re: I am sorry. Ent has lost me as a player

Postby matdas » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 am

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=122746

hydroponicTango wrote:Can you please advise how to resolve the Range ban issue. I was advised that after 2 months it should be resolved and could then make a new account. Just tried, isnt resolved.

Previous discussion:

Re: Unclear reason why banned until 2018-07-14 (Range ban, TID: 113879)

Postby Unitil » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm
@hydroponicTango

I can whitelist one account for you that you can use for playing on the ENT Gaming bots.
Please let me know the name, and realm you wish to be whitelisted on.

Do note, you can choose one username to be whitelisted, and after 2 months you can switch the whitelisted username.

hydroponicTango
Armored Tree

Postby hydroponicTango » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:53 pm
hi,

please just apply to -Krak on US east

Unitil
ENT Staff

Postby Unitil » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:06 am
I have white listed -Krak@USEast.battle.net, and you should have no further issues while playing on that account.

If you do run into any issues, do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Processing.

@hydroponicTango

A range ban can't just automatically be resolved. If anything, it was misinterpreted as to what you wanted. If you wanted to change your account name, you should have stated original account name, then new name you wanted to be whitelisted. What you stated instead was a copy/paste of the original appeal to get your account -krak whitelisted. Unfortunately due to high risk players there was a range ban placed. If you wish to change your account, you can make a ban appeal and state that you are in a range ban under the name -krak and want to change the white list to the new account you wish to play on. Thus the moderation team will then change the whitelist from -krak and move it to your new account (this will make you unable to play under the name -krak) when they get a chance. Once this is done, they will tag you in the post where you will get a PM directing you to the ban appeal to see that it was handled.

We allow only changing once every 2 months due to the process in which it takes to change the whitelist to a new account. If we did not have this in effect, community members would be asking every 3-4 hours for a new name to be whitelisted and would waste ENT resources in doing so.

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: I am sorry. Ent has lost me as a player

Postby Haunt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:42 pm

People who have dynamic IP can change their IP very easily, and that's why we ban their entire IP range if they dodge. I'm sorry that you feel like you can't play with only one account, hope to see you come back when the range ban expires.

Processing.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”