calling bullshit on ent being noob friendly

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
tinkertonker
Forest Walker

calling bullshit on ent being noob friendly

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:43 am

I here this excuse a lot about ent being noob friendly and tolerating trolls and people who are throwing the game.

By allowing inexcusable behavior to go unchecked, you are telling that player that what they are doing is ok. If you really cared about these players there would be tons of guides posted, and players who refuse to listen, would be punished.

This includes players who refuse to push, afk junglers, troll item builds, etc.

How is letting things go on the way they are going noob friendly?

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: calling bullshit on ent being noob friendly

Postby Merex » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:46 pm

ENT works as any other gaming community. There's players of all different skill level. If you want to join more advanced dota games, I recommend DIHL.
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

MageOfTime
Forest Walker

Postby MageOfTime » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:51 pm

if u want more advanced games go to dota 2 you wont get any better playing easy mode dota

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm

They're doing the best they can. I mean, like anywhere else in the world, it is always a matter of giving people the benefit of the doubt or being stricter. I mean, if they're tougher on these rules, then innocent noobs who really are trying to learn the game gets caught in the crossfire and we'll never get more players. And DOTA 1 is not exactly new as it is taking longer and longer to fill games. Eventually we'll all move to DOTA 2 or just stop playing this crazy game.

"push, afk junglers, troll item builds" - these things are not as "clear cut" as most people like to believe.

push - If 4 of the players are pushing and 1 guy is not, yes generally the 1 guy is at fault. However, what if the guy was defending a lane that is pushing into their own base? Or if it is a solo pusher pushing a 2nd lane? I just played a game with Broodmother pusher build, I intentionally push 2nd lanes while my teammates push 1 lane. My team was really good about it, they knew what I was doing. We were losing teamfights early, but I kept pressure on the enemy by keep pushing lanes instead of joining teamfights b/c my build was more effective pushing than fighting. Dual pressure eventually won us the game. Only 1 guy on the team kept complaining about me and he went like 2-10 in the game and left 1/2 way through. I'm sure this guy would accuse me of being a troll or noob, but he's the actual noob who doesn't know what pusher Broodmother is.

afk junglerss - I personally hate junglers, but there are times where a carry needs to jungle especially when the team is losing. I had games where we were forced to turtle and it was 4v5 defending the base while our void goes neutral secretly until he gets some core items, then takes over and win the game. I've been in plenty of games where a carry "should" be jungling, but instead team complains and ask him to help defend, where he gets killed, we all gets killed, and never got the items needed to take over.

troll item builds - This one is always a tough one as there are many forums out there with people arguing and fighting over item builds. Still, yes there are times where there are obvious troll items such as Antimage getting a blink dagger or tinker getting a refresher. But other times and most times, people complain when other teammates try something new that they never seen before. Majority of players are not really creative, all they do is copy other people and just build the same item builds for their heroes they've seen before. Then they get so mad when they see someone trying something different b/c they think they got it all figured out.

I'm just saying, yeah you're right, there are trolls out there. But they're not always that black and white.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 pm

One of my most recent games, our axe rushed pipe with no casters on the other team. Tried explaining this politely to him that pipe only blocks magic damage and that he should get a shield.

Was told to fuck off noob and he continued building his pipe. After 40 minutes he finally finished it and died 14 times.

I have had so many people I played with just out right quit this game. You have people who join games and say point blank they are just going to leave at the beginning of the game.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

tinkertonker wrote:One of my most recent games, our axe rushed pipe with no casters on the other team. Tried explaining this politely to him that pipe only blocks magic damage and that he should get a shield.

Was told to fuck off noob and he continued building his pipe. After 40 minutes he finally finished it and died 14 times.

I have had so many people I played with just out right quit this game. You have people who join games and say point blank they are just going to leave at the beginning of the game.

Man, that's straight out horrible. :o

I don't mind the ones who just quit, at least we get more gold... but that axe :lol:

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:54 am

We ban people who jst refuse to push. Problem is most people who comlain about us beeing noob friendly just flame and qq on new players ingame nstead of trying to help.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Stiff_Maistar (Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 pm)
Send me your best Sloth pictures for instant unban*

*individual results may vary

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:36 am

I am going to be honest with you Jabba

when I am seeing this nearly every other game it makes me go out and buy a PS4

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/10414918/

Advice was given to this player numerous times.

I have mentored players and given advice to those who take it. However, players do not want to listen and many good seasoned players have left this game. I have seen rules not enforced consistently Jabba. I can easily give you examples where the rules were enforced one way, but not another way. Your policies have changed over time and you have lost a chunk of your loyal player base.

And I will be frank, I have personally seen ban requests that have been denied for players refusing to push.

I have argued this with admins and I have just given up as there is no point. Perfect example: I missed one ban vote, just one, during a push when we were raxing then throning. I was banned. I had 4 kick requests with explanations and the other team could clearly see Tiny throwing us to kill us. No votekick and the admin did not ban.

I just dont see the point in playing on ENT anymore unless it is with friends only.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:53 pm

I have seen rules not enforced consistently Jabba

Would need some examples here. I know such requests about players refusing to push got denied, i denied a lot myself too. Usually i do it because the guys got flamed 24/7 and/or sometimes you cant expect super fast reaction times on newbies. Im one of those players you complain about too, i such super hard at dota :D But i try to do what my mate tell me. Problem is when 4 guys tell you 4 different things and ping around, give shortcuts you maybe dont understand its hard to act accordingly. Maybe you dont see some issues new players got as you are skilled and dont have to thing about basic game mechanics/tactics etc. But we try to understand these players.

But as i said, would need the BRQ/replays to give you a detailed answer. The one above is just a general one.
These users thanked the author Jabba41 for the post:
Stiff_Maistar (Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 pm)

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 am

Policy changes:

Admins no longer consistently ask players to read wiki and post the rules a player asks to be unbanned.

Votekick

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=113133&p=443421&hilit=Afk+Tiny#p443421

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80104

Being votekicked for playing poorly. I even i have bad days.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=124170&p=482092#p482092

Now, dont get me started on the amount of times you say cant kick a player for being bad etc.

My point is this. How is ent noob friendly? Tolerating bad players and trolls does not make you noob friendly. Dota ent is dying not growing.

You are not getting a steady growth of new players that you can say, ya those are just new players. Having players get destroyed with no room to learn is not noob friendly.

I have moved on from ent but i am making some points and giving some advice before i go as i was able to play on ent for years now.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:07 am

tinkertonker wrote:when I am seeing this nearly every other game it makes me go out and buy a PS4

https://entgaming.net/openstats/dota/game/10414918/

Advice was given to this player numerous times.

Which player are you referring to? I see a 2-14, 4-8, 4-11, 3-12, all pretty much fed the game.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:38 am

Maybe it isn't as evident with just looking at the stats page, but chen did not dominate a single creep the whole game, was continually sending players back to fountain when not needed to piss them off, and just watched people die and provided zero help.

FalenGa
Oversight Staff

Postby FalenGa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:48 pm

@tinkertonker
What you described above is bannable. Not the creeps part, but the refusing to help and teleporting people for no reason parts.

tinkertonker
Forest Walker

Postby tinkertonker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:18 am

Even refusing to dominate creeps, even after it was explained to him, should be bannable. That is not a lack of skill or noob thing but a dick thing to do.

Jabba41
Protector of Nature

Postby Jabba41 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Ofc its lack of skill.

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”