New Host A Game UI

Join us discussing (new) rule, map and mode changes or suggest new ideas!

Moderator: Oversight Staff

Lokharke
Basic Tree

Re: New Host A Game UI

Postby Lokharke » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Something new to the eyes, definitely feels refreshing.

Edit: Really need to save the preferences for the given user like old ent
Also want to see people in lobby and currently being hosted games.
Last edited by Lokharke on Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

xikens
Forest Walker

Postby xikens » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:28 pm

It would be nice if the host name and server location is saved, so we don't have to type it each time we host a game (yes I'm lazy).
These users thanked the author xikens for the post:
GoldenBud420 (Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 am)

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 pm

uakf.b wrote:@Sylvanas @EdgeOfChaos what do you think about it now?

Slightly better but still too bright for my taste. Not a huge deal though.

Strickove
Basic Tree

Postby Strickove » Tue May 01, 2018 12:04 am

The uptime is indeed looking too far to the right, as if you changed the column format to right-sided. Most likely so it doesn't mesh with the Slots numbers. An easy fix that would make it look much better and easier to read is swapping the Host column and Slots column, it would also make more sense for the people who are simply just looking to join a game, then they can just glance over a smaller section of the hosted games.

GoldenBud420
Basic Tree

Postby GoldenBud420 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 am

I really love the new site, You've already addressed all the issues I had, so, I'm just here to tell you I love it and appreciate all the hard work you guys have put in! Thanks so much for doing your part to keep the best game on earth alive! :D

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat May 05, 2018 10:39 am

@uakf.b

Unless I'm missing something, you can't host with observers on the new UI. Just noticed since I wanted to set that for an inhouse game.

Also, it kicks you out of the game after the countdown has finished (doesn't go to loading screen) if you set obs. At least on Civilization Wars 2.35e , didn't test others.

I_ext_scrubs
Resource Storage

Postby I_ext_scrubs » Sat May 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Few things to improve it,
move host button and server location above the table div (the one with maps) -> when you have like 30maps the new page makes it easier to search but the time you save is lost when you have to scroll to the bottom of page just to select server and send the form.

edit ifs so that when queue is full and request is unique it is added to the queue, right now when theres 1 guy in queue it won't accept another request in queue unless done from old host form.

veemon293
Resource Storage

Postby veemon293 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:23 pm

It stopped working. I didn't change anything in my system that ik of. The website js is extremely inactive sometimes it lets me upload but then stops working after I pick one, and it stopped showing me games that I had already hosted

uakf.b
Staff Department

Postby uakf.b » Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 am

@veemon293 I made some updates that should decrease the chance that your session expires while using the website. Reply here if you run into the issue again.

I added the full queue error because I don't want people to host a game and then realize the queue is very long and not be able to host another game. But I added a cancel button on the queue table so this is less of a problem now. I went ahead and increased the maximum queue size before getting "full queue" error to 3.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Sun May 06, 2018 9:38 am

uakf.b wrote:@veemon293 I made some updates that should decrease the chance that your session expires while using the website. Reply here if you run into the issue again.

I added the full queue error because I don't want people to host a game and then realize the queue is very long and not be able to host another game. But I added a cancel button on the queue table so this is less of a problem now. I went ahead and increased the maximum queue size before getting "full queue" error to 3.

Damn, that's very nice man.
Discord ID: null#2675

I_ext_scrubs
Resource Storage

Postby I_ext_scrubs » Sun May 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Also save owner name with cookies and prefill the form? or at least session depending on how the page is built. Same for last used bot location, that would be pretty good.

IWinIfyoulose

Postby IWinIfyoulose » Sun May 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Keep it simple, good! 1+

veemon293
Resource Storage

Postby veemon293 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:21 am

hey i was just using internet explorer. i switched to firefox and it went away. i need to use connect on ie and host on ff. weird right?

null
Donor: Enterprise Exorcist

Postby null » Wed May 09, 2018 2:35 pm

So there is one more thing I am curious about. Regarding the maps, would it be possible to add a download link to them? Because at the moment, we host it and download it through WC3, but I was wondering if you could add a button to download the map directly from your browser.

edit: I just remembered one more thing, notice how in the old "games" list, we can click on the desired lobby to see which players are inside it? Could you also make that possible in the new UI?
Last edited by null on Wed May 09, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discord ID: null#2675

TrueChaos
ENT Staff

Postby TrueChaos » Wed May 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Can you add the "add the observer slot" box? Where we can check mark when hosting through the public hosting bots.
Last edited by TrueChaos on Fri May 11, 2018 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Suggestions”