What a pleasant surprise!

Talk all you want about Island Defense here.
Miregrond
Basic Tree

What a pleasant surprise!

Postby Miregrond » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:47 am

As is evident by the topic title, I simply cannot believe my eyes.

A thriving community of Island Defense! It was a serendipitous event to find this forum, to which I subscribed, just to sttate my bafflement as well as to see if anyone is willing to give this old fool a run down on how the game was resurrected.

My memory recalls with fondness the times when the troll race was the only hard option and there was only 1 gold counter. When aerox' was at the helm and the golden times of Yacapo and Dildamesh' 2.8 version. And, of course, the dreadful times when the community was split between Pandamine's version and Adam's. And how things sort of... withered from there; the last time I heard about this game was about the project of bringing it to SC2.

So, tell me, who was the responsible of this titanic feat? How was it possible? Oh, I wonder if the game has more footprint on the game roster or if it is still buried beneath a pile of DoTA, Tree Tag Enting and Pimp my Peon? Are the old legends still playing? I'd kill for a match with Kyleep and Murs,

Cheers, chaps. Have fun!

Remixer
Forest Walker

Re: What a pleasant surprise!

Postby Remixer » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

If you want to speak to more people and speak to them as fast as possible our most active platform is currently Discord, a server called "Azeroth". Here's an invitation link to the Discord: https://discord.gg/FBgqW3e

Yarragon
Treant

Re: What a pleasant surprise!

Postby Yarragon » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Miregrond wrote:As is evident by the topic title, I simply cannot believe my eyes.

A thriving community of Island Defense! It was a serendipitous event to find this forum, to which I subscribed, just to sttate my bafflement as well as to see if anyone is willing to give this old fool a run down on how the game was resurrected.

My memory recalls with fondness the times when the troll race was the only hard option and there was only 1 gold counter. When aerox' was at the helm and the golden times of Yacapo and Dildamesh' 2.8 version. And, of course, the dreadful times when the community was split between Pandamine's version and Adam's. And how things sort of... withered from there; the last time I heard about this game was about the project of bringing it to SC2.

So, tell me, who was the responsible of this titanic feat? How was it possible? Oh, I wonder if the game has more footprint on the game roster or if it is still buried beneath a pile of DoTA, Tree Tag Enting and Pimp my Peon? Are the old legends still playing? I'd kill for a match with Kyleep and Murs,

Cheers, chaps. Have fun!

1. Kyleep quit years ago and hasn't played since

2. Murs is a mythical creature. He shows up maybe once a year kind of like Santa.

3. Thank Neco and Gwypaas for rebuilding the game after the withering pandamime split.

4. Remixer there, along with IAmDragon are the current editors. Both pretty dedicated to improving the game and bringing it up to the modern era. A lot of changes have been made but it's still the same core game.

5. As far as "legends" go the only person remotely close to that would probably be... Well I'd say Evilmad, but he doesn't actually play he just hangs out on discord. Though the top new players are pretty cool and nearly as good (if not better) than the older guys.
"Sura is a God dude, like for real."
-Burn/Timmy/Avion

Return to “Island Defense”