Random Disconnects?

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

WolfPackMama
Forest Walker

Random Disconnects?

Postby WolfPackMama » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:57 pm

I got a new internet provider today, so I dusted off my Wc3 and tried to play a few games.
However, I get very random lag spikes, and 10-15 minutes into the game, my connection to the game "freezes" and I drop out. Absolutely no clue what's going on - the internet is up and running during the process. There's no background programs conflicting. Full administrator rights.
Restarting the game does me no good either - I drop out on the first game I join and play.

Been away on a business trip and I'm a bit slow-burned to what happened (and to cross out the "But you work there" arguments (please stop immediately), I'm on lore and art, not on classic games development team). There's no crash reports since I just DC out of the game. Trying to find a solution so that I don't ruin gaming experience for the other people in the game.

Is anybody else experiencing the issue or knows what's it about?
Mother of three gals who call themselves "The Wolf Pack", hence the name :)

Pszczolek
Basic Tree

Re: Random Disconnects?

Postby Pszczolek » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:37 pm

I have the same problem, mostly in DotA. When playing on battle.net I disconnect some time into the game. Doesn't have anything to do with my internet connection. When using WC3connect game freezes and I have to restart computer.

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Re: Random Disconnects?

Postby Quetra » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:46 am

It may be a wc3connect issue that was fixed, update your wc3connect.

Return to “Processed Support Cases”