Best player in the history of Thailand

Talk all you want about Defense of the Ancients here.
kunkka
Treant

Best player in the history of Thailand

Postby kunkka » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:19 am

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Re: Best player in the history of Thailand

Postby 1B_Fantom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:47 pm

I never understood the appeal of LoD, can someone sell me on it? Lol just seems like a fun mode for when you want a stress-free fuck around kind of dota game, but I would never take it too seriously

Ziadoma
Treant

Postby Ziadoma » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:13 am

Well some people are just playing to have a, how you called it "stress-free fuck around kind of dota game".

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:51 pm

1B_Fantom wrote:I never understood the appeal of LoD, can someone sell me on it? Lol just seems like a fun mode for when you want a stress-free fuck around kind of dota game, but I would never take it too seriously

Way more stressful than pub dota lul. Need more focus to cs cuz its non-em, need faster reflex cuz everyone is buffed

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Lol well thats what I kind of figured Ziadoma. And ehh idk Kunkka. Maybe so, but I don't know of anyone who really takes LoD's stats seriously. Thats why I mostly play inhouse, LoD has its own meta and shit I'm sure but its definitely not favored by most of the top players.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:35 pm

@Kunkka
Tanapong.a is for sure a star player for worst stats in LoD.
I can only think of 2 other really unskilled players that get the same fame as Tana,
FFantomas - https://entgaming.net/openstats/lod/?u=ffantomas 6.5k games and averages 0.4:1 KDR
Guext - 300 ELO with a decent KDR.(I'll link his stats page when I find it)

@1b_Fantom
One of the appeals of LoD is exactly what you mentioned
Lol just seems like a fun mode for when you want a stress-free fuck around kind of dota game, but I would never take it too seriously

I found myself just playing LoD for fun and to fuck around, 2 years later I'm in a pretty favorable position.
There's not many players who take it seriously anymore because of either them moving on to a different game... or getting banned for cheating/addiction.

I find most competitive players who play LoD prefer it more then DotA because It's meta is much over powered then just the regular DotA 1 meta.
For example, you can make Wisp carry and get Storm's Lightning Ball to just relocate anywhere in the map and assassinate people with having unlimited Mana pool and dodging mobility
Or
Ogre Multicast with Zues Wrath and get a X4 Zues Ulti to kill the whole enemy team.

Just reading it sounds OP, but there's so many other OP build that can counter them or even items in the "Black Market" that help you win against these types of OP builds.

The fun of LoD is to test a variety of combination of spells and having to see how OP your hero can get. There's always a challenge when trying to counter other peoples OP builds or playing vs sackers and having that OP build to potentially 1v5 them. It all depends of the type of player you are and how you want to take LoDs purpose into hand.
There's currently a LoD balance suggestion that's on-going which will introduce higher pool drafts that a player can get. I think this can definitely benefit new players who come and try LoD for the very first time. But that's if it gets Approved. :D

LODNOOB
Aura Tree

Postby LODNOOB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Sup Kunkka! We've played a bunch of dota games in the past I would almost always be LC and you would be kunkka. Never forget your bot teleport wisp style to go to base heal and come back to finish push lmao. I think my dota name in past in ohs that you knew was highscoreftw or maybe statsfirstskill maybe something else cant remember lol. Are you playing LOD any specific times/dates? Always go to pubs and usually get smashed from dysfunctional teammates lol. Peace dude hope all is well.

LODNOOB
Aura Tree

Postby LODNOOB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:03 pm

i just discovered lod 2 weeks ago and pretty sure most dota players like me would think dota is sheet after playing lod. Dota always felt like it could of been better this lod version is super insane. they even have it for dota 2 just you need a bad ass gaming pc to do lod dota 2 on a pc.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:59 pm

sorry but idk you

Return to “Defense of the Ancients”