LOD

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

LOD

Postby UrbanEdge » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:49 am

Good job on ruining lod. Just as expected, players who dont know each other, dont care for others builds. Theres less teamwork, since someone got mad from draft, that other player picked his skill. This is total chaos! Please, get the old mode back

kunkka
Treant

Re: LOD

Postby kunkka » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:17 am

It’s a very popular mode on RGC where there are 100 times more lod players. It’s popular because people like it I guess. People like it because it’s good I guess.

lisek_
Aura Tree

Postby lisek_ » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:33 am

I agree with thread creator. LoD is ment to be unbalanced with 5x mc wrath if it happens. Right now, non stacker have 0 change to play against stacked team. Half of the player don't chat at all, so you can't even ask them to remove 1 skill that is required for your build, or we will have such player that will ruin other builds for purpose. Moreover, if you afk for a while, and came later to pick you skills (still in the picking time) you probabbly gonna have trash skills since everythins usable would be picked already.

EDIT. Beside that, game name is incorrect in the lobby

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

Postby UrbanEdge » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:18 pm

i will start uploading every complaining player, since not everyone is watching the forum at all.
Attachments
mode.png
mode.png (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1802 times

SaL7
Aura Tree

Postby SaL7 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 am

this is the start of it.. i think give it time mate and all will understand and enjoy it. id rather this problem to solver or waiting in lobby for such time and starting the game and facing duplicated drafts.
poopoohead@entconnect is banned until 2019-12-10 09:08:18 CST.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:42 am

UrbanEdge wrote:i will start uploading every complaining player, since not everyone is watching the forum at all.

Must have been a hard game with only one mc wrath, relo flare, hunter ess marks, and tank.
MAGA

Encrypted
Armored Tree

Postby Encrypted » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:49 am

Just my 2c - Would it not be beneficial for people to be able to vote in the lobby some how? Majority wins and is announced prior to the start of the game. Personally, I'm not a fan of the new mode - there are some strong arguments about it but overall I feel that ever since I've been playing LOD (Which quite frankly isn't that long) there has been some form of imbalance (either a stacked game which is pretty common, or just unlucky with skills) and that you need to adapt to the situation. How is anyone supposed to get good if they don't struggle?

Anyway, I do want to say that this new mode allows people to pick new skills/combo's but let's face the reality - someone is going to complain when you do fail.

Jericho
Armored Tree

Postby Jericho » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 pm

Bring back old mode. New mode is bad.

CheW
Protector of Nature

Postby CheW » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Unban all the combos that are banned besides rearm x mark
MAGA

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:13 pm

UrbanEdge wrote:Good job on ruining lod. Just as expected, players who dont know each other, dont care for others builds. Theres less teamwork, since someone got mad from draft, that other player picked his skill. This is total chaos! Please, get the old mode back

You only gave it two days after the mode got approved, which was Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:29 pm. Certainly, there will be chaos because people aren't settled with a newly introduced mode yet.
The screenshot you uploaded was from a typical flamer who doesn't speak English well. Banned here - viewtopic.php?f=24&t=138667
He doesn't state anywhere clearly that he hates the mode - http://storage.entgaming.net/replay/vie ... 623083.w3g (You can actually see pretty good communication with teammates in the chat log)
lisek_ wrote: LoD is ment to be unbalanced with 5x mc wrath if it happens. Right now, non stacker have 0 change to play against stacked team. Half of the player don't chat at all, so you can't even ask them to remove 1 skill that is required for your build, or we will have such player that will ruin other builds for purpose. Moreover, if you afk for a while, and came later to pick you skills (still in the picking time) you probabbly gonna have trash skills since everythins usable would be picked already.

EDIT. Beside that, game name is incorrect in the lobby

Lobby name was noted. As for the skill "Required" to complete your build seems apocryphal. We've discussed the possibilities of a lower draft(d2) that may interfere with people choosing their spells. With +12 hero's added it's a higher possibility of everyone getting a good draft. I just find it absurd you need "1 spell" to make your build work. Wanting to vs x5 mc wrath makes me wonder on how your view of LoD being unbalanced is characterized.
Encrypted wrote:Just my 2c - Would it not be beneficial for people to be able to vote in the lobby some how? Majority wins and is announced prior to the start of the game. Personally, I'm not a fan of the new mode - there are some strong arguments about it but overall I feel that ever since I've been playing LOD (Which quite frankly isn't that long) there has been some form of imbalance (either a stacked game which is pretty common, or just unlucky with skills) and that you need to adapt to the situation. How is anyone supposed to get good if they don't struggle?

Anyway, I do want to say that this new mode allows people to pick new skills/combo's but let's face the reality - someone is going to complain when you do fail.

LoD drama queens complaining? That's nothing new. Lobby vote won't work with how it is now, not enough people. If people don't like the mode they voted for, they all leave. Regarding imbalance, why not give newer players a chance to experience a good build with d3 taverns? they have endless possibilities.
Michelle wrote:Maybe we should set it so where regular skills can be used multiple times while ults are 1 per team?

not that its worse, just feels less fun now

Unfortunately not possible. We only have limited modes to choose from as this is an old map and never updated since 1.26 because of other maps not being compatible with further patches.

Jericho
Armored Tree

Postby Jericho » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:20 pm

Old mode was so much fun, even if all had mc. People did not care, they were jus having fun. Bring it back.

kunkka
Treant

Postby kunkka » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Jericho wrote:Old mode was so much fun, even if all had mc. People did not care, they were jus having fun. Bring it back.

Guess we should listen to those who don’t care and host the mode they want

lisek_
Aura Tree

Postby lisek_ » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Desire wrote:Lobby name was noted. As for the skill "Required" to complete your build seems apocryphal. We've discussed the possibilities of a lower draft(d2) that may interfere with people choosing their spells. With +12 hero's added it's a higher possibility of everyone getting a good draft. I just find it absurd you need "1 spell" to make your build work. Wanting to vs x5 mc wrath makes me wonder on how your view of LoD being unbalanced is characterized.

I don't know if u play lod, but players pick specific set of skills over and over. Maybe not the most, but variety of skills are not used in lod at all.

Desire
ENT Staff

Postby Desire » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 pm

lisek_ wrote:I don't know if u play lod, but players pick specific set of skills over and over. Maybe not the most, but a variety of skills are not used in lod at all.

Please read the discussion - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=133029

Try to view the possibilities this mode offers and how it makes LoD better.
Last edited by Desire on Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UrbanEdge
Forest Walker

Postby UrbanEdge » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 pm

@Desire dont you think there are too many people you trying to convince about the good new mode?
Jericho wrote:
Old mode was so much fun, even if all had mc. People did not care, they were jus having fun. Bring it back.

Jerichos words describe all my thoughts in 3 sentences. if i have swipes fervor duel and mc wrath in same draft, i pick the one i prefer at the moment. not the one "thats left"

Return to “Suggestion Archive”