Aura Tree

Re: ENT shutting down

Postby NerZo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Any simillar bot like ENT? Where we can continue to play dota? Thanks! <3

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Yarragon2 wrote:Welp, it was a fun ride boys. Also, I'm glad to see you've changed your security question from "blue" to "Read the banner."

I may have trolled the living crap out of people here, but there were more than a few of you I actually respected.

"LoL i WaS tRoLLiNg"

Nobody cares who you respect retard, you'll never not be garbage.
Attachments
twofacedshiteaterassclown.png
twofacedshiteaterassclown.png (610.34 KiB) Viewed 13049 times

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Sylvanas wrote:
Yarragon2 wrote:Welp, it was a fun ride boys. Also, I'm glad to see you've changed your security question from "blue" to "Read the banner."

I may have trolled the living crap out of people here, but there were more than a few of you I actually respected.

"LoL i WaS tRoLLiNg"

Nobody cares who you respect retard, you'll never not be garbage.

Hey Sylv! Glad to see you're still a salty fanboy. Also, you're not one of above fore-mentioned people. Where ya gonna go after this place is gone? You're welcome to join us over at Azeroth / on Bnet.

I promised I wouldn't be too much of a troll so please don't tempt me to roast you ok? It wouldn't be fair given how easy it seems to be to rile you up these days.

Sylvanas
Treant Protector

Postby Sylvanas » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:05 am

I've been gone since 2018. I hadn't played on b.net either since 2 months until I went to check on it this week and it's a fucking graveyard. Everyone can see it. Every proponent of the terrible patch that "came back" to wc3 because of bots removal was gone after a weekend. So much for your Blizzard saviors and le REFORGED. Of course you didn't care as long as you could play island defense with your pack of buddies.

Oh wait. Right. It was tRoLLiNg. Because you're (retroactively) such a troll lololol. I can tell because you're literally spelling it out in every post you make, like trolls are famously known to do.
Attachments
CyROVXjUoAAEjPr.jpg
CyROVXjUoAAEjPr.jpg (120.97 KiB) Viewed 13019 times
Last edited by Sylvanas on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

aemtelddtel
Aura Tree

Postby aemtelddtel » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:39 pm

can someone just tell me what the fuck I goota do to save this place? money women just say what you want to keep this place alive, after, work , vacation, fucking all I need is a decent game of Legion, so tell me what must be done

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:43 pm

There are still ways to run league's and track stats without ENT and on battle.net. The Dota League FBG runs on battle.net similar to how an in-house league functions here.

I would suggest the LTD community here comes together and creates a plan to continue their league moving forward whether it be on battle.net using similar tools or another private server.

aesrf
Forest Walker

Postby aesrf » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:13 am

Wow, this really saddens me. ENT has been a great platform to play Dota and has been fun. Thanks to the admin and supporters that made ENT possible and best of luck in real life.

Cheers,
skidmo

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:47 am

I'd just like to bring up @Unitil and @FalenGa in particular for their work behind the scenes on Range Bans. The public may not know but they've both spent a huge amount of time behind the scenes administering range bans on ip ranges and vpns to keep dodgers/serial ruiners from destroying your game experience, which they've done pretty much by themselves for the past few years.

Thanks to everyone else on the mod team as well, of course :D But I felt like these two deserved an individual shoutout for work that was invisible to many.

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:33 pm

Quetra wrote:I'd just like to bring up @Unitil and @FalenGa in particular for their work behind the scenes on Range Bans. The public may not know but they've both spent a huge amount of time behind the scenes administering range bans on ip ranges and vpns to keep dodgers/serial ruiners from destroying your game experience, which they've done pretty much by themselves for the past few years.

Thanks to everyone else on the mod team as well, of course :D But I felt like these two deserved an individual shoutout for work that was invisible to many.

Imagine thinking range bans were a good thing for your community. I can tell you that I personally abused the fact that you range banned huge ranges to get as many people as possible caught in said range-ban at least once. ;)

Pretty sure there's still a college out there that no one can play on ENT from. And I'm only one of a few.

Tufuuu
Aura Tree

Postby Tufuuu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:21 pm

The end of a glory era .ENT and other hostbots communities did a great job over all these years RIP
Let's see if Blizzard will ruin WC3 / custom maps even further. I mean new graphics seem to be nice but if everything is broken who wants to play this sh1t then ? Atm even the single player campagins are broken ... lol

Quetra
Protector of Nature

Postby Quetra » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Oh thanks for reminding me Yarragon, now that I'm no longer a moderator I wanted to tell you what we've all be thinking for quite a long time:

In the nicest possible way, go fuck yourself.

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:56 am

Quetra wrote:Oh thanks for reminding me Yarragon, now that I'm no longer a moderator I wanted to tell you what we've all be thinking for quite a long time:

In the nicest possible way, go fuck yourself.

Did that earlier. But if you wanna get in line. <3

Not my fault y'all implemented some terrible policies, why wouldn't I make more work for y'all, like that time I got an entire lobby banned for leaving before you implemented a hard limit on the number of leaver bans? At least I wasn't like King.Kar and just abused the rules and dodged without bringing up the issue.

BeerLord
Protector of Nature

Postby BeerLord » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:30 am

I agree Quetra. Unitil and falenga's work was phenomenal. Behind the scenes much of the time, but with a tremendous impact. I appreciated them both very much.

EdteOfChaos2
Forest Walker

Postby EdteOfChaos2 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:21 pm

Range bans were a necessity to fight against the more persistent efforts of some ruiners. There are legitimate complaints about the moderation, but this isn't one of them. Innocents were always whitelisted.

Like Yarragon, I saw the some of the same issues you did and agreed on a lot of it. As did almost all of the "regulars" who I was friends with. But what we didn't do is ruin games and ask Blizzard to shut down ENT.

nitromon
Treant

Postby nitromon » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:17 am

Oh wow, I haven't played in months b/c of RL issues, sad to see it finally go, but it was inevitable as WC3 is just not that popular anymore and without BNET to get fresh recruits, I'm just spec dagoning the same noobies over and over again. hahahaha.

But seriously, I like you guys. I've been on countless clans, bothosts, etc... this is the longest I've stayed with one and the only one I bothered to be involved in the forums at all. I think your mods are the most fairest and also downright personable human beings, very generous in some regards and very reasonable.

Good luck in whatever you're doing in life, have a good one.

Return to “Archive”