after ent shutdown

Talk about all Legion TD versions here.
mslove
Aura Tree

after ent shutdown

Postby mslove » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 am

Hey guys, i wanna get a conversation going for the future plans of our community.

Since LIHL players will still exist via discord, b.net
Why we cant do it to?

I saw Kappas post about the first blood gaming community, they are hosting dota1 games via discord on b.net.
They have a Ranked System and he offered the community here that they would also setup a system for us LTD players.

Lets be honest guys, i dont think that someone from the LTD community wanna setup somethink like this, or have the time for it.

So my suggestion would be that maybe we get here some loyal and good players from 1200+ togehter to talk with Kappa about it.
That we get our own Forum and own Admins who handle bans and so on.

Sidenote: Right now on the mega bot it is seriously horrible to play!!

Maybe other people have better ideas? :idea:

Thanks for reading and REALLY guys we have to do somehing about it :!:

Merex
Oversight Staff

Re: after ent shutdown

Postby Merex » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Moved to the LTD sub-forum.

I believe, based on his own wording, kappa said a system like their own is possible for LTD players but I'm not quite sure he specifically said he'd do it. I am however not Kappa so I'll be sure to tag him so he sees this, gives his own comment on the matter.

Nevertheless, you can discuss LTD-related matters here with your own kind.
These users thanked the author Merex for the post:
Kappa (Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:45 pm)
The Slap God - An EoC Story
  • ENT Rules, Guides and more can be found on our Wiki.
  • Contact the staff & interact with others by joining our Discord.
  • Now available: Host A Game UI.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:34 pm

We can set up a system for LTD.

It would be fairly easy to transition our bots and system to accept LTD and record stats. But we don't want to spend time setting it all up till there is a player base and admin structure.

LIHL people should contact me on discord and try to gather a player base ready to transition.

DotA Stats Page: https://firstbloodgaming.com/stats/
All games hosted on battle.net and Reforged when it releases. Queue, moderation, etc. all handled through our discord server.
These users thanked the author Kappa for the post:
Augustinus (Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 am)

nitehawk
Armored Tree

Postby nitehawk » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 am

Hey guys, i wanna get a conversation going for the future plans of our community.

There is no future plan. What we have is the best we got.
1. Ghost++ was and still is the best way to create a working active wc3 community. Battle.net is dead. Blizzard wont do anything to replace autohost bots, means there will never be a Real wc3 community after reforged. If you think blizzard will create stats and monitor bans they will never do it. 3rd party communities like ENT/OHS/BK/VOID/MYMGN are the only reason quality games existed. And they all needed ghost++.

2. what kappa did was designed a discord bot that tracks scores w/l and k.d , you have to manually edit the stats. Youll never have over 100+ active members with just discord bot. You cant even select individual profiles to see games history, chatlog, etc. Its better than nothing, but most of fbg games are play for fun. Anyone can join because they desperately need new players to host a few games a day.

Kappa
Protector of Nature

Postby Kappa » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:09 am

1) Hostbots will never return because it is a security issue. The only reason they did exist is because wc3 was created a long time ago when security wasn't a primary concern. With Reforged coming they upgraded security which removed hostbots. Blizzard will not bring stats or real moderation to Reforged.

2) You are actually very wrong about all of that from a technical aspect. It's no longer a manual process, game history, chatlogs and other features are in the works and being developed at this time. Believe it or not we have jobs and school that take priority over developing these free tools for the community. It takes time to get shit done.
These users thanked the author Kappa for the post:
Augustinus (Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:45 am)

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:44 pm

Kappa wrote:1) Hostbots will never return because it is a security issue. The only reason they did exist is because wc3 was created a long time ago when security wasn't a primary concern. With Reforged coming they upgraded security which removed hostbots. Blizzard will not bring stats or real moderation to Reforged.

2) You are actually very wrong about all of that from a technical aspect. It's no longer a manual process, game history, chatlogs and other features are in the works and being developed at this time. Believe it or not we have jobs and school that take priority over developing these free tools for the community. It takes time to get shit done.

But muh stats!

Seriously guys, Kappa's put in some work. Between creating a system for both ID and DotA,two very different games, there has been almost zero need for host bots since the week after the patch was released. The only reason an LTD tracker doesn't exist is because none of you have wanted to leave the ENT bots or put the time in to create something new.

epicdeath
Treant

Postby epicdeath » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:01 am

@anda fyi

Krocis
Treant

Postby Krocis » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:26 pm

from what i ve seen ,what fbg provides ,its even more what we need, they have rank system,ban system , looks rly promising for ppl who wud like to keep play other games than Dota.

mslove
Aura Tree

Postby mslove » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:52 pm

yes i see that as you @Krocis

thats why i bgought that topic up.

i mean it doenst have to be instatly but we should consider that we have something where we can play and we are kinda a 100+- community still.

But as i said we need a "leader" who is willing to set up that with Kappa.

I would love to help out in our future forum, but my skill in LTD isnt that OP.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:59 pm

1) Considering how old the game is and the fact most of the players are forced to use Discord to play inhouses, it's a great accomplishment that there are over 40+ active inhouse players in the FBG Discord server. To lie about the status of it when you're in that Discord server yourself to spy on them constantly is simply why people dislike you. Do yourself a favor and ingratiate yourself back into that community if you ever want to gain an ounce of respect instead of hiding through one of your multiple aliases.

2) It's fairly obvious Blizzard doesn't care enough about the game to have an enforced moderator staffed by them to handle any ban requests or appeals. Hostbots lasted long enough until what I will assume Blizzard either had too many complaints about ENT taking over and banning players from playing games/they wanted to clean it up for Reforged. It simply didn't make sense for another third-party to have access to someone's IP. If I were Blizzard, in a way that they have created a stats-system for ladder, they should do so for games such as DotA, LTD, and others that have been increasingly popular throughout the past. Make it where you can only use one account per license key so that it would mitigate the number of trolls and individuals who seemingly ruin games and then create new accounts. It won't be as complete as what ENT provided but at least you can expect to have some sort of system that enables competition.

3) The Discord for the FBG DotA server is geared towards INHOUSE play. I believe there are more Legion TD/Hell Hall TD players than DotA so if this is something you guys are truly interested in, it would definitely be possible. The only issue would be trying to enforce some of the rules as I can see how some who are banned would be able to sneak into the game by creating a new account, etc., but if this is properly managed, it shouldn't be as huge of a problem. Why don't one of you guys take charge and create a Discord server and invite any Legion/Hell Hall TD player you know? I'm sure you can get 100 people quickly.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Yarragon2
Aura Tree

Postby Yarragon2 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Astros wrote:1) Considering how old the game is and the fact most of the players are forced to use Discord to play inhouses, it's a great accomplishment that there are over 40+ active inhouse players in the FBG Discord server. To lie about the status of it when you're in that Discord server yourself to spy on them constantly is simply why people dislike you. Do yourself a favor and ingratiate yourself back into that community if you ever want to gain an ounce of respect instead of hiding through one of your multiple aliases.

So uh, I'm sensing a bit of salt coming from this specific point... And I spend time with @merex and @lordmillt so I definitely know salt when I see it.

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:47 pm

Afaik the LIHL group have started a server for "survivors" sotospeak, so I guess that's a start into their future. I'd like to say that as a long time staff member, the LIHL is a fairly strong foundation of loyal players. They've been able to stay alive and thrive for as long as I can remember, never really hitting any real notable down-points aside from staff. There are still former/current staff around the LIHL scene such as @Diablo_ , @Anda and @epicdeath . I'm sure they will have no issues enforcing specific rules per LIHL necessities.

And also, hellhalt and LTD are nothing alike so having players of both communities come together in one server isn't going to end well. Primary playerbase for legion TD doesn't cross over into hellhalt and vice-versa. They may share a similar concept but the gameplay is different on both ends and, from experience/observation, LTD has always been driven on a more competitive scale. That's not to say hellhalt isn't, but if history recalls they've a much smaller IHL with a much smaller game-rate.

--To add; While ENT may be shutting down, I'm not going to let you guys derail this topic into some on-going dota drama between members of FBG and "kingkar". This topic is suppose to serve a potential bridge for LTD players to have a future after ENT and the only one from FBG's dota community that is in anyway relevant is @Kappa as he's offered his services, potentially.

1B_Fantom
Armored Tree

Postby 1B_Fantom » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Actually the LTD leaders have been in contact with us already.... And there's a good chance they will be joining us as one. Sharing a discord/website, and things have been going great over the past couple days. Why mess with a system we've already proven to work, with queues, stats, replay parsing, and more.

Zam is a member of our discord but he's not one of the admins or anything there. But I will say, the fact kingkar gets any say despite his numerous attempts to ruin everywhere he's gone is a bit humorous to me. (For the record, there is no 'drama' as he's been removed on all 10 of his alts. He's irrelevant to us, and none of our admins even bring him up as he has no effect on anything.)

But yes, considering all the work that's been done behind the scenes its much more than just Kappa involved in this, and so far the talks with the LTD community has been going very well. I hope we'll be able to assist them, because at the end of the day we all want the same thing. A successful and maintained community.

Astros
ENT Staff

Postby Astros » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:30 am

Merex wrote:Afaik the LIHL group have started a server for "survivors" sotospeak, so I guess that's a start into their future. I'd like to say that as a long time staff member, the LIHL is a fairly strong foundation of loyal players. They've been able to stay alive and thrive for as long as I can remember, never really hitting any real notable down-points aside from staff. There are still former/current staff around the LIHL scene such as @Diablo_ , @Anda and @epicdeath . I'm sure they will have no issues enforcing specific rules per LIHL necessities.

And also, hellhalt and LTD are nothing alike so having players of both communities come together in one server isn't going to end well. Primary playerbase for legion TD doesn't cross over into hellhalt and vice-versa. They may share a similar concept but the gameplay is different on both ends and, from experience/observation, LTD has always been driven on a more competitive scale. That's not to say hellhalt isn't, but if history recalls they've a much smaller IHL with a much smaller game-rate.

--To add; While ENT may be shutting down, I'm not going to let you guys derail this topic into some on-going dota drama between members of FBG and "kingkar". This topic is suppose to serve a potential bridge for LTD players to have a future after ENT and the only one from FBG's dota community that is in anyway relevant is @Kappa as he's offered his services, potentially.

Plenty of HellHallTD players come from the LegionTD community so it's definitely something that would integrate with some members if the goal is to keep an active community for the time-being. As for King.Kar, that was you and the others decision to allow him to back into the forums and I was merely objecting to his blatant lie. Quite sad that my post was removed despite ENT dissolving when my post wasn't even offensive or harassment of any kind and I was actually explaining how it would be beneficial for LTD to use the FBG's system.
ENT Custom Games Discord ------------------ https://discord.gg/kGAUdTYZ5B

Merex
Oversight Staff

Postby Merex » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:16 am

No post was removed, Astros. I'm merely saying keep the drama out of this topic, is that too much to ask? Surely hope not, as a former moderator.

Return to “Legion TD”