Autohost Metastasis

Suggestions will be moved here once processed.

Moderator: Oversight Staff

3nemy_
Resource Storage

Autohost Metastasis

Postby 3nemy_ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am

https://www.epicwar.com/maps/266442/ or load code 3grwa
Max slots
Autostart with 6 players
I used to host this map a lot in past few years, there aren't many players left that play this masterpiece survival sci-fi map, most players nowdays are Russians hosting with their own bots on cyrllic alphabet from Garena with vpn or similar LAN services. I'd like this map finally to have its own dedicated autohost bot so I don't have to wait 1 hour for lobby to fill up hehe.
I don't know if this will get approved because as I said not many people play it anymore and original developer abandoned it but thanks anyway.
I'd like it to be hosted on one of your Ent.Europe bots because I connect from eurobattle.net.

Special Notes: Autoban should be disabled since this map can take a while depending how good alien/mutant or human players are. Dead players cannot communicate between alive ones only between themselves in seperate chat hence there's a high leave rate so I think it's for the best that this is disabled.

EDIT: Map URL updated with latest version
It appears one of the players took over the development and continued to work on it.
These users thanked the author 3nemy_ for the post:
Gshocks (Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:40 pm)

Haunt
Oversight Staff

Re: Autohost Metastasis

Postby Haunt » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:29 pm

We are not going to autohost any map if the player base isn't big enough.

I suggest you asks your fellow players to come here and support this request, else it will be denied.

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Postby Thorlar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Well I'm the current developer of the map and I would ask this (but not right now,but when 1.8.2c is fully released,which is like 1-2 weeks from now) but I assure you there are many people playing this map since its hosted daily by either me or my moderators.Proof(times hosted) : http://imgur.com/a/gYCpp

Please check this out. http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791455178386

I hope you take the autobot into consideration(and even if you doubt it,try it for a week or so,and if low people,drop it)

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 pm

Even then, we need community input. Everything we do is based on community feedback. For example, we cant make rules (as we dont know the game). Having no one give their opinion on a topic, is pretty bad.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

3nemy_
Resource Storage

Postby 3nemy_ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:50 pm

I understand your concerns, but perhaps if you don't lock this thread and give us a week or so until Thorlar finishes the version we might work something out? Meanwhile I'll ask around for people to come here and support this thread.

d2tm
Basic Tree

Postby d2tm » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:24 pm

I support this, and I believe there is a significant player base.

Clanzion
Basic Tree

Postby Clanzion » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:30 pm

I support this. I think we need a replacement for sirbot.

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Postby Thorlar » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Well you dont know the game,but it's pretty popular among WCIII maps(that is why i showed times hosted :mrgreen: )

Also about the rules... well if you play the game you will probably kinda rage or something similar,at first,since it who-is-the-killer genre + the freedom it provides is kinda...let's say sweet and sour,but if it does get approved,I would be glad to talk about the rules! :D

Btw,just wait a week because not everyone is online everyday to post in this thread

Yiazmat
Basic Tree

Postby Yiazmat » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:06 am

I approve too

HazarDous
Staff Department

Postby HazarDous » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:28 am

Clanzion wrote:I support this. I think we need a replacement for sirbot.

What is sirbot?

What's the issue with that bot?

What is the current WCIII playerbase for Metastasis?

Clanzion
Basic Tree

Postby Clanzion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 pm

What is sirbot?
It is a former autohosting bot from Clan sirs (the makers of metastasis) that used to host metastasis on a daily basis

What's the issue with that bot?
Clan sirs don't really play wc3 anymore. Thus, the bot is just sitting in their channel, keeping their wc3 clan alive.

What is the current WCIII playerbase for Metastasis?
For our current steam group, it is 60 players and increasing. However, I do not know overall how many players outside our steam group are there.

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 pm

I assume their hosting bot can only be used by them? How are you currently hosting the map? Via ENT private hosting, I assume?
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Clanzion
Basic Tree

Postby Clanzion » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:28 pm

I assume their hosting bot can only be used by them?

Yes.

How are you currently hosting the map?

We are currently hosting using ent public hosting. Occasionally, we use makemehost when ent is down.

Thorlar
Resource Storage

Postby Thorlar » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:26 pm

By the way,if you are considering of not setting up an metastasis bot,(1.8.2.c will be released next week so there will be a popularity spike anyway)
I would like to re-request this for 1.8.2.d(which will be at least 4 months from now and metastasis community will have doubled :D )

But its ironic,that this week has the least metastasis hosts,because of 1.8.2.c testing :lol:

Gshocks
Basic Tree

Postby Gshocks » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:41 pm

I support this aswell Metastasis is hosted alot more then other maps on the ENT list

Return to “Suggestion Archive”