ENT Connect certificate issues

uakf.b
Staff Department

ENT Connect certificate issues

Postby uakf.b » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:16 am

We have updated the ENT Connect JAR to used a certificate signed by our own certificate authority. If you have previously followed instructions from the Resolving certificate errors guide, then you may need to go through the guide again.

There are a few differences in the guide: first, the entconnect.csr file itself has been updated (with the same download location). You do currently have to set your Security Level to High instead of Very High. Lastly, you will need to add the entconnect.csr file as a "Signer CA" instead of a "Trusted Certificate" due to updated Java restrictions.

You should also be able to simply set your Java Security Level to Medium. This is not less secure as long as you pay attention to the Java prompts, and only allow non-sandboxed Java applets to run on websites that you trust.
dWFrZi5i -- 'cause I'm cool like Agreements

BarbossaAlcarin
Basic Tree

Re: ENT Connect certificate issues

Postby BarbossaAlcarin » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:34 am

Hi, since 2 days i cannot connect anymore :/ It always worked for me with only allowing the side. Now i tried all 3 diffrent options and it still doesn't work:(

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:40 pm

@BarbossaAlcarin You should wait until all technical issues have been resolved.

If you still need help, post in the econnect forum.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

Clown
Basic Tree

Postby Clown » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:55 pm

I cannot connect now. The Green icon is yellow now.

Any help?

BarbossaAlcarin
Basic Tree

Postby BarbossaAlcarin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 am

Its working for me now, but nearly no hosted games, keep up the good job guys ;)

boo
Resource Storage

Postby boo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 am

Since the bot are moved to NJ and everything seems normal why can't we view replays yet? Is it just a process that will take some time or you need to do some adjustments?

teller55
Donator

Postby teller55 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:32 am

You can see your own replays by looking in your WC3 folder. The replay storage system probably hasn't been setup and the new server location yet because it is lowest priority being everyone can view their own replays from their own folders.

"Perks" will be reestablished when everything calms down, we just need to be patient. It takes a lot of time and effort to reset everything in a huge system that ENT has after we have to move everything we have due to butt-hurt hackers.

BarbossaAlcarin
Basic Tree

Postby BarbossaAlcarin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:11 am

Hey so my entconnect is working again, BUT i only see like 10 hosted games. none of them are legion td, but if i play normal i can see these ENT legion td bots, kinda strange for me:/ sry for bad englando pls fixerino:)

cheno3556
Basic Tree

Postby cheno3556 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

I don't know how to download the entconnect.csr file, I tried to save page but it downloads it as a .txt file

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:23 pm

wiki.entgaming.net/index.php?title=EntGaming:Econnect#Install_the_ENT_Gaming_certificate_authority_.28option_2.29

@cheno3556 "Save as", select a different extension. If your browser doesn't have the option, use a different one or download the file directly as linked in the guide.
    Information, Rules, Guides and everything else you need to know about ENT is on the ENT Wiki.
      Ignorantia juris non excusat • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? • Fallacy of composition

cheno3556
Basic Tree

Postby cheno3556 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:30 pm

I've just downloaded the .csr file through the wiki and it still isn't working, tried all the steps in the troubleshooting

Jiminy_Cricket
Poison Treant

Postby Jiminy_Cricket » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Ive got classnotfound exception. Not sure what Im doing wrong.
Off topic:
Av1oN: Announcing the official ban of jiminy_cricket
Av1oN: From all LoD bots
Av1oN: for 1 year
HazarDous: rofl
Sat: wtf
HazarDous: he would turn crazy
Sat: tats like banning batman from gotham
HazarDous: XD
Av1oN: so who's making the brq

aRt)Y
Protector of Nature

Postby aRt)Y » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:05 pm

donotpingme
Forest Walker

Postby donotpingme » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:03 pm

Recently I was completely locked out and unable to connect even though I had been doing so without any problems following the trillion instructions to do so. It doesn't need to be rocket science guys, someone slap the programmer. So with the recent java 8. whatever update everyone in chat is having the same problems. Another problem is that uninstalling the update, clearing everything with ccleaner, checking the registry for bad keys with ccleaner and removing them (I would like to point out that despite uninstalling Java and going through the old version remover and wiping everything I see that the exemption in the Java settings you had me put in followed the whole time. Must not be removing everything.) I finally found that by setting my Java Conf/Security down to medium didn't work either. So I went back and found this page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 77648.html
Where I then chose the Windows x86 version. I have a 64 bit eight core proc, with 16 gb ram. I specifically chose the x86 version because Warcraft III by default places itself in the Programs x86 folder. I figured it would make it easier for the programs to play nice. So after checking the box that said I accepted the terms I was able to download this version of Java THAT WORKED! http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java ... s-i586.exe

cheno3556
Basic Tree

Postby cheno3556 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:55 pm

donotpingme wrote:Recently I was completely locked out and unable to connect even though I had been doing so without any problems following the trillion instructions to do so. It doesn't need to be rocket science guys, someone slap the programmer. So with the recent java 8. whatever update everyone in chat is having the same problems. Another problem is that uninstalling the update, clearing everything with ccleaner, checking the registry for bad keys with ccleaner and removing them (I would like to point out that despite uninstalling Java and going through the old version remover and wiping everything I see that the exemption in the Java settings you had me put in followed the whole time. Must not be removing everything.) I finally found that by setting my Java Conf/Security down to medium didn't work either. So I went back and found this page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 77648.html
Where I then chose the Windows x86 version. I have a 64 bit eight core proc, with 16 gb ram. I specifically chose the x86 version because Warcraft III by default places itself in the Programs x86 folder. I figured it would make it easier for the programs to play nice. So after checking the box that said I accepted the terms I was able to download this version of Java THAT WORKED! http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java ... s-i586.exe

Tried this and still isn't working...

Return to “Archive”