STAFF WANTED

rjramirez2000
Treant

Re: STAFF WANTED

Postby rjramirez2000 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 am

Sir i Got a Question, If you become admin too will you be able to command in hosted games even im not the owner?
Life is just like a Game. Sometimes you Lose, and sometimes you Win.
Love is like a Fart. Silent but Intense

karasu.
Protector of Nature

Postby karasu. » Thu May 22, 2014 4:23 pm

I mean it shouldn't be for the prestige, but every other point agreements made is what is required. When you apply for staff you not only represent yourself but ent as a whole. Every decision you make in moderation will reverberate throughout the community as a whole. In essence, you are entgaming every time you enter one of our games.

THR
Forest Walker

Postby THR » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 am

i would really liek to apply and this would be a really good english immersion for me , ive been living in english for quite a while due to my GF and i think this would be a really great opportunity for me and and my gamign habit to become one of yours !!!! i took care of THRONEIT.COM , DOTACASH , BLINK GAMING NETWORK ,, i did coding , i was part of the first stat tracking system for dota 1 and wacraft 3 on reign of chaos , i worked with a lot of competitive gamer

i could send u a E-RESUME of things i did online if u willing to give me a try PM ME !!!!

thx guys , i see u around

i will send the apllication form

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:36 am

https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33118

Offer still stands, will be active and moderate games in-game, but won't do ban requests on forums due to being in a full time job. I would be able to keep ban dodgers away by being in every other game as I've done so before, more incentive to help new players how to play, and reinforce ENT rules. I believe I have the support of the ID community and most, if not all the current ID clans.

Cheers,
-Burn

mystical_ice
Forest Walker

Postby mystical_ice » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:32 am

Agreements wrote:I doubt you did much coding with that English, grammar is beyond repair.
I find it extremely hard to believe, anyway, feel free to apply.
ONCE you meet our requirements.

Just want to point out that this guy (THC) is currently under a 1 week ban for grieving/item-killing. Same day he created his account to appeal the ban, he posted here wanting to work with ENT.

Just making you aware.
These users thanked the author mystical_ice for the post:
THR (Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:23 am)

Stealer
Protector of Nature

Postby Stealer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:47 am

Doesn't mean he can't apply.

People do turn new leafs and etc.
These users thanked the author Stealer for the post:
THR (Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:22 am)

mystical_ice
Forest Walker

Postby mystical_ice » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Generally it's a little suspicious when someone applies not 3 hours after they've been banned though, I'm sure you'll agree :)

I'm all for new leaves, but 3 hours? .....

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:26 pm

Burn wrote:https://entgaming.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=33118

Offer still stands, will be active and moderate games in-game, but won't do ban requests on forums due to being in a full time job. I would be able to keep ban dodgers away by being in every other game as I've done so before, more incentive to help new players how to play, and reinforce ENT rules. I believe I have the support of the ID community and most, if not all the current ID clans.

Cheers,
-Burn

Lol, I believe we currently need mods to do ban requests, not some power hungry fool that just wants to have in game commands and do theoretically nothing forum wise.
These users thanked the author Yondaime for the post:
Virulence (Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:44 am)

TimmyTheTauren
Donator

Postby TimmyTheTauren » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Good insight, Yondy.
Spoiler!

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:31 pm

Please ignore Yodaime as he has a personal grudge against me. I have no history of documented abuse in-game, and have contributed my fair share forum wise to the ID community via numerous posts, videos and written guides.

Cheers,
-Burn

TimmyTheTauren
Donator

Postby TimmyTheTauren » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Spoiler!

NutzSucksHard
Plague Treant

Postby NutzSucksHard » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:58 pm

You've maybe made your part. I done mine too, yondaime and timmy does too. Still, neither of us, nor Yondaime and TTT deserve power in-game. This kind of power goes with the next : Hard work. (There's no hard work being in game and having the power of kicking, swapping player even if it can get reported).

How to explain it, that's what you want : I have a full time jobs too, I can't do forum stuff, but while gaming, if someone maphack, dodge (without proof since you have no time for forum thus no time for checking IP and Username) cause I use FCD in-game like a crapperino, I'll just ban him in-game then post a BRQ that other mod will have to deal with... In the end, even with in-game power, you don't help much, since you create forum works that you want other to handle because you're to busy to do it! WTF we should say duh... Everyone is having issues and stuff to do. Having a full time jobs doesn't excuse you. I did mod with a full time job, a girlfriend and friends (+ hobby + gaming). Still managed to do a pretty decent/great/one of the best jobs on the BRQ section (MH mostly).

So please just post your request if something occurs and actual active GM will handle it. We (ENT) don't need staff doing 'jobs' JUST in-game and some other on forum. The job is split evenly and no one is over others. So if we allow you to do that, we should allow all people applying do to so.. wich will bring a lack of work on the forum and then a load of request not being handled. Wich was pissing me in the past while I was doing A LOT of request while some were playing for a week and done only like 1-2 request.

Unless you're enough mature to handle your schedule and take time to do 5-6 request a weeks*, this = one-per-day mostly, do not ask for getting back in the active staff. We enjoy that you've been a part of the team, made this community go better and shared your spare time making the game fair. But, if you're done with this forum work, you're also done with the in-game power. One don't go without the other. Also, I'm not the one deciding this, but it would be unfair for others that as helped as much or even more than you to not have the same privilege..

*This number is just like the MINUS work imo. You should do more than that since most of request take less than one hour to handle.*

Nutz-
These users thanked the author NutzSucksHard for the post:
Virulence (Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:47 am)

Burn
Protector of Nature

Postby Burn » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:12 am

You strike a valid point in that it doesn't help the community since the other mods will have to handle my ban requests anyway, but that only pertains to bans longer than 3 days (if the rule is still the same), and does not apply to ban dodgers, who can be banned on the spot without question.

Think about this: What's better for the community? Less people breaking the rules? Why not? That was how a previously much more popular bot called Global-ID (AkA Maize-Bot) was run. I have in-depth knowledge into the ways a player reacts to normal interactions that makes certain movements seem obvious for maphack where common other observers will overlook. Ban dodging prevention is easy if all the tools available are used well, and policy/procedure is memorised better than the back of my hand.

It is not a request for more power, the staff application is completely a voluntary decision for the better of the community. It isn't about whether I want something or not, it's what you want, and what the community needs.

-Burn

Yondaime
Protector of Nature

Postby Yondaime » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:20 am

Burn wrote:Please ignore Yodaime as he has a personal grudge against me. I have no history of documented abuse in-game, and have contributed my fair share forum wise to the ID community via numerous posts, videos and written guides.

Cheers,
-Burn

I will not deny that you havent done your fair share, but right now we need mods who will do ban requests, main part of being a mod is ban requests no in game work. Thats why people can report it and we still ban them at a later time. Burn believe me I have no grudge against you at all other than your lack of willingness to actually do work. If they want a mod that can do ingame work and no ban requests believe me you will be the first one they call for sure in the ID department. That being said I currently see no ban requests for ID and plenty of ID mods. What I do see right now is a butt load of ban requests pertaining to dota and CF even.

Who knows maybe the return of Yondaime may come for some work.

Hutzu
Protector of Nature

Postby Hutzu » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:35 pm

May fit or may not fit here (greens&reds feel free to delete if you want), but as I see things:
Either he doesn't encounter any rule-violators as his last ban-request is from September, or he refuses to report them for whatever reasons. Either way, I see no purpose of giving back status to someone, who either doesn't meet any violators or doesn't report them.

Return to “Archive”