Unable to find war3.exe

Technical Support topics will be moved here when they are Resolved.

Moderators: Oversight Staff, Processing Staff

CreativeLP
Wiki Contributor

Unable to find war3.exe

Postby CreativeLP » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:20 pm

Hey guys, I have a big problem with starting warcraft3 at the moment. Here is what happened.

I played normally yesterday, when I tried to start warcraft today, it told me that
"Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe" btw same for ROC, it just says Warcraft III instead of Frozen Throne there.
war3error.png
war3error.png (6.21 KiB) Viewed 9173 times

So I deinstalled it and reinstalled it, I started with Reign Of Chaos, game was starting and single player was no problem, then I went for the battlenet update cause the download version is 1.21, it downloaded without any errors, after that I tried to start warcraft3 again but I got the same error again.

Next step I did was to compare my warcraft folder with the one on my laptop, there I saw that my laptop folder contained a war3.exe , so I copied it and pasted it into my pcs warcraft folder, tried to start warcraft3 and the loading screen came but 1 second after that I could see the war3.exe disappearing in the folder and the same error message came again.
I also tried downloading vcredist_x86 as it fixed the problem for many people but it didn't change for me, so now I am here asking you if u got any more ideas what I can do, it really bothers me that it worked yesterday and today when I started my pc (without changing anything) it suddenly doesn't work anymore.
CreativeLP@europe / LForward@europe/useast

Twitch

Youtube

RadiantCrystal
Protector of Nature

Re: Unable to find war3.exe

Postby RadiantCrystal » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Try install warcraft in a different path?
(09:54:07) Jabba41: Hello RadiantCrystal. I'm so glad you became an Admin here because green is the color of hope and whenever your presence brightens up my life i cant thank you enough to know such a person like you. [KING NOW GIVE KISSES]
Spoiler!
ChatBot: aRt)Y has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

Miyagi
Forest Walker

Postby Miyagi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:43 pm

You need to download the latest patch which is 1.26 i think?

http://www.dota-utilities.com/2011/03/w ... -v126.html

Don_Killuminati

Postby Don_Killuminati » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:47 pm

I had the same problem today,cause my antivirus deleted war3.exe
So i have to reinstall wc3 roc and tft.

CreativeLP
Wiki Contributor

Postby CreativeLP » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:57 pm

eldiablo270 wrote:I had the same problem today,cause my antivirus deleted war3.exe
So i have to reinstall wc3 roc and tft.

Damn, that was actually the case, seems to work again now. I added an exception for my avast and then it was not deleted again.
I manually added the war3.exe into the folder and it seems to work so u probably only need to download the exe from somewhere.
I will try it later if everything works as always like gproxy etc, no time to prove that at the moment. Thanks for ur suggestions!´.
These users thanked the author CreativeLP for the post:
Shaka)Tak) (Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 pm)
CreativeLP@europe / LForward@europe/useast

Twitch

Youtube

Shaka)Tak)
Basic Tree

Postby Shaka)Tak) » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:31 pm

Just got this problem right now, wtf! :O

Tried to reinstall the game but as you said, after the bnet update war3.exe is missing.

Glad to hear that keeping some backup of this file + adding an exception to avast should fix the problem, will try tomorrow.

Thanks, will sleep well tonight. :)

Return to “Processed Support Cases”